GC Stingray Excursion - Nativeway

southhavenjen

I have read all the glowing reviews of Nativeway Watersports and want to use them when we stop at GC on February 9. Our ship is in port from 9-4 (Celebrity Zenith).

I emailed them with this information and Sharon responded that we could take the 10am Stingray tour...I am a bit concerned about the tendering and if we could make a 10am tour. Anyone have experience with this?

Yep, we were worried too as our time was even tighter (9-2) last year. All the worry was for nothing though. Native Way is great about getting you back to the ship on time, as well as ensuring they're there to pick you up at the pier.

Just be sure to get in line early on your ship to get one of the earlier tenders. They have this down to a science though, the tenders come in one right after the other and hold quite a few people.

You won't regret Native Way, it was the highlight of our cruise last year!

Well they don't leave right at 10am or at least they didn't in Sept when I was on their tour. They leave the pier approx 10:15 but even then you have to walk across the street to the bus and one of their reps stays at the pier to gather anyone coming in late. The bus then drives by the pier and picks up anyone that's late.

Please don't use this information to take your time getting off the ship. If everyone is there they do leave at 10am or sooner.

Also on the Rhapsody we had early bird tenders that you didn't need a ticket for. They were half full so if you have the opportunity take one of these.

C

Well they don't leave right at 10am or at least they didn't in Sept when I was on their tour. They leave the pier approx 10:15 but even then you have to walk across the street to the bus and one of their reps stays at the pier to gather anyone coming in late. The bus then drives by the pier and picks up anyone that's late.

Please don't use this information to take your time getting off the ship. If everyone is there they do leave at 10am or sooner.

Also on the Rhapsody we had early bird tenders that you didn't need a ticket for. They were half full so if you have the opportunity take one of these.

C

Good to know! I also got an email back from Sharon at Nativeways addressing my concern. She said she would watch the tendering activity of the Zenith over the next few weeks (they have only been to GC once this season - this week, she said) and would adjust the time of the tour if needed. Sounds like they are flexible and will not leave anyone behind if they are a few minutes late.

If you like, as an alternate you could just do the Stingray City/Coral Gardens tour. True, there's no allotted 'beach time' on this tour, but afterwards you have the option of being dropped off at 7-mile Beach or being brought back to the ship. And it's $20 cheaper per person. I LOVED this excursion, and will be making reservations to do it again in April.

Cindy

I had some kind of fish sandwich [which was pretty good], with salad and not much choice of beverage [i think it was tea or water]. Many of the lunch choices involved fish, neither of us can remember what else [there were, I think, conch fritters]. They give you a menu on board and you tell them what you want and then it's ready when you get there. There are a couple of little eating places right there on the beach, and you can get other drinks/food, I guess.

There were some hammocks and some beach loungers with shade thingy-s on top - not crowded at all when we were there [early October].

I think the area where we were is run by Hilton [tho it's separate from the Hilton facility at 7-mile beach [obviously!]. There may be more info thru them.

We would've loved to stay longer - it was so relaxing!

I am currently looking into Native Ways "Stingray and Island Tour", at GC. Has anyone done this? Sharon emailed me and told me it was from 10:30 - 2:30 (one of my teens was hoping to also do RCL Reef and Wreck at noon). Anyway, how do you get lunch with times like this? Just curious....any little food kiosks, or ??????

thx

Anna

Just back from RRR- For lunch they had many choices available. Some of them were--blackened mahi-mahi sandwich, chicken wings, jerk pork sandwich, cheeseburger, jerk pork/rice & beans/ corn, conch fritters, conch chowder, all served with french fries. Everyone seemed to love what they ordered. There was iced tea and water available/included, and also a cash bar.

I am currently looking into Native Ways "Stingray and Island Tour", at GC. Has anyone done this? Sharon emailed me and told me it was from 10:30 - 2:30 (one of my teens was hoping to also do RCL Reef and Wreck at noon). Anyway, how do you get lunch with times like this? Just curious....any little food kiosks, or ??????

thx

Anna

I'm also interested in opinions of this tour - we were considering the RRR but it may be too long and we're looking to the Sting Ray/Island Tour as an alternative.

I am arriving in GC Thanksgiving Day and booked the General Tour (Stingray and Coral Gardens) through Native Way. I am choosing to be dropped off back at the pier at 12, but does anyone know how far the Turtle Farm is from the pier and if its worth it to go back out on the island for a couple hours?

I was on the Stingrays and Island tour in Sept. The Rays and the Reef are great! The tour is ok. If you've never been to GC you will find it of interest. The tour guides are all very knowledgable about the island and give a pretty good tour.

As for the turtle farm. We had six adults in our group 4 thought it was great and 2 thought it just ok. My wife loved it and wants to go back in April when we are there.

C

Hello, we will be in GC in March and the day we are there , there will be 8 ships in port. I am concerned that the stingray tours will be very crowded and therefore not as much fun, have never been to GC before . Can it take all these ships with out overcrowding ? thanks for the info.

Cori

Archived