Scooters/Walkers

SabreSailor

There were quite a few of both on our recent Koningsdam cruise, but then again the average age was fairly high (Caribbean 10 day cruise in early Dec.). Part of this was due to the sightly longer cruise, school being in session and MANY retired Florida residents onboard (I think they were attracted by the low last minute prices and new ship).

When on K-dam in November we didn't notice an increase or decrease in mobility aides. We prefer HAL and are younger than the "typical" crowd. Heck we work full time professional jobs! But we love meeting people and crave the solitude on board. We would much rather cruise with retirees (because we aspire to retire one day!) as they have so much to offer to conversations and are fun too! Plus everyone is so nice and we love that. Who cares about scooters - if I need one, I will still cruise! So watch out cause you won't catch me sitting at home!

LOVE-It-heart-Button.jpg.a83e9f5f8a0d9ec1f6395564bf13daf7.jpg

Joanie

[ATTACH]401379[/ATTACH]

Joanie

I second the "heart" Joanie. I will be cruising with my Mom next week. She is 90. We will be traveling with her walker and a wheel chair. My Mom and Dad introduced me to cruising as a teen so I have them to thank for my "addiction." Now I return the favor by helping with Moms mobility and the logistics. I only hope that I am still smiling and excited about cruising when I am 90!