Good, inexpensive excursions in Freeport/Nassau

h3yitsvictoria

My boyfriend and I are headed out for a quick 5 day cruise in two weeks making stops at Freeport and Nassau. None of the carnival excursions seem exciting and they are ridiculously expensive. I'm not opposed to booking through someone else if it was a cheaper excursions. I'm open to pretty much anything like kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, sting rays, or anything like that - but it's gotta be fairly inexpensive. One of the two days I'd like to do an all inclusive beach package. Which place would be better and which beach? I have no problem taking a taxi. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like the Melia Resort at Cable Beach for a day pass. There are other resorts on Cable Beach also like Breezes. Check out the websites.

In Freeport- we take the taxi van to Our Lucaya where the Grand Lucayan Resort is- and also a huge marketplace across the street. Again- there are websites.

I'm doing the kayaking excursion in Freeport through Carnival. Yes it is a little expensive but I really wanted to go to gold rock beach and the national park. It's an all day excursion and includes lunch. Too far to go on our own so it's worth it to me.

Last time in Freeport, we rented a car and drove around the island at our leisure. There are a number of national parks on the island; our favorite is Lucayan National Park (not Lucayan resort). The beaches are so pristine and void of any cruise ship tourists. The underwater caves are really something to be seen.

http://www.bahamas.com/vendor/lucayan-national-park

http://www.grandbahamavacations.com/national-parks/

Edited by brunello22

Last time in Freeport, we rented a car and drove around the island at our leisure. There are a number of national parks on the island; our favorite is Lucayan National Park (not Lucayan resort). The beaches are so pristine and void of any cruise ship tourists. The underwater caves are really something to be seen.

http://www.bahamas.com/vendor/lucayan-national-park

http://www.grandbahamavacations.com/national-parks/

Do you recall the place you rented a car from? I'm 24 and am finding most places require you to be 25 to rent a car. Thanks for the tips!

Do you recall the place you rented a car from? I'm 24 and am finding most places require you to be 25 to rent a car. Thanks for the tips!

Since we flew into Freeport, we rented at the airport, but I cannot remember which company. I believe there is also a rental agency near the cruise terminal.

We just went to Freeport and Nassau with Carnival. We did the VIP Sail in Freeport which we loved (but we are both ex Navy and love being on the water!!) and a day pass at Breezes in Nassau. Loved the day pass bc it included a low key beach experience with unlimited drinks and food. And free wifi if you want it.