Disembarkation In New Orleans

dpeeps87

Hi,

I will be on the Carnival Dream sailing out of New Orleans in June of this year. I have read through other posts but thought I would ask those who have sailed out of new Orleans before. If everything goes to plan what is the earliest time you can get off the ship. I have heard multiple conflicting reports but exactly what time does the ship normally dock and if I was to self disembark (I also have FTTF) what time could I be off the ship. Im looking at booking flights out and there are multiple options. Thanks again for all the great information this forum provides.

I agree with others. I was always off at 630 and in car leaving the cruise terminal by 715. NOLA has been my home port for years. I am platinum and always debark as self assist. Fttf are in the same holding room for debark. Just go earlier than the debark letter says.

from the pier to the airport there is only one main route I-10 West...if there is an accident blocking one lane, there will be a long delay with traffic being diverted to Airline Drive

if you are looking at flights I would suggest sticking to departures after 1130...9 out of 10 times you would not have an issue getting off the ship early and getting to the airport...best case scenario if you arrive at the airport and check in with lots of time to spare, the food venues have been upgraded with a lot of local outlets so you can have a nice breakfast

Thanks for all the information everyone. I have a flight booked out at 11am. I know its earlier than carnival advises but I will have FTTF (or will be doing self disembark either way I will aim to be in the first group off) I have a transfer booked to the airport, I have online check in so will only need to drop bags at the airport and I have express security pass with my flight. I know stuff can still go wrong (traffic, fog etc) but happy to take the risk as by the sounds you can be off and on the road early.

You should have no problem making an 11:00 am flight. I have cruised out of New Orleans many times. I live exactly 1:25 from the port and have been home as early as 8:38 am.

I will say that the airport security in New Orleans can sometimes be painfully slow and I would be more worried about that than anything. I think, based on my experience, that I would be comfortable booking a flight as early as 10:30 am.

Good luck!

Brad