Getaway Vibe during Spice H20

LoraJ

Oops it won't let me edit the title. Should have Said Vibe VERSUS Spice H20

So, we leave on Sunday and I had been planning on purchasing Vibe passes because I liked the idea of having a quiet spot and a guaranteed chair.

But, I like the look of Spice H20 Better because of the wading pool (or whatever it is), however, I worry we wont' be able to get chairs since we are late risers. From what I remember, this was a problem on The Epic as well as it being really noisy, so not very relaxing. Is it like this on The Getaway? I heard on The Epic it was impossible to get chairs on sea days.

And now another reason why I am leaning away from Vibe is it looks like we will have stormy, windy weather on our Sea day, so I feel like it will be wasted money. However, we plan on only doing morning shore excursions and spending the afternoons on the ship.

So I guess what I am still wondering, is it worth the cost for Vibe if we have bad weather? Will we not have a good chance getting chairs at Spice if we are getting out at 11am?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Edited by LoraJ
I am tired

We love Vibe - have bought it the 2x we were on GA. (and on Breakaway and Epic) Spice was absolutely jammed every time we went to look at it. Spice is definitely noisier than Vibe. However, Vibe was closed on one our sea days due to the wind. Never had it closed on a port day. There are 2 hottubs and a nice shower in Vibe, plus your own bar. We never had a problem getting a lounge in Vibe. In my mind Vibe is the way to go, and well worth the $99 pp to get great personalized service.

I try to get Vibe when I can but decided against it for my upcoming Getaway cruise. Since there are 4 port days and only 2 sea days, I figured I just wouldn't spend enough time there to make the cost worthwhile. Will be getting creative and checking out other parts of the ship and visiting Spice when I want to cool off.

I try to get Vibe when I can but decided against it for my upcoming Getaway cruise. Since there are 4 port days and only 2 sea days, I figured I just wouldn't spend enough time there to make the cost worthwhile. Will be getting creative and checking out other parts of the ship and visiting Spice when I want to cool off.

Yes, I think this is what I will do too.

Not a wading pool per se, but It has the grotto area with waterfall, etc to walk through. Can certainly dip my toes in there to cool off.

QUOTE=bradleyk;51938633]Spice H2O does not have a wadding pool on the Getaway, unlike the Epic. Just 2 hot tubs

Not a wading pool per se, but It has the grotto area with waterfall, etc to walk through. Can certainly dip my toes in there to cool off.

QUOTE=bradleyk;51938633]Spice H2O does not have a wadding pool on the Getaway, unlike the Epic. Just 2 hot tubs

Yeah, that's what I meant. I couldn't think of the proper name.

So I am now on The Getaway. The weather is nice. I am in Spice H2O and it's after 11am and only half full. Maybe people haven't discovered it yet. It's nice back here, so I am happy with my decision to not get the Vibe passes.

FYI, the wifi speed seems to be the fastest j have experienced on a ship.

• 3 weeks later...
So I am now on The Getaway. The weather is nice. I am in Spice H2O and it's after 11am and only half full. Maybe people haven't discovered it yet. It's nice back here, so I am happy with my decision to not get the Vibe passes.

FYI, the wifi speed seems to be the fastest j have experienced on a ship.

Lora, now that you are back, what is your impression of Spice H2O? Did you find it less busy throughout the week? We leave on Sunday!

Oh - is there a pool? Or just hot tubs?