Western night

princessme

No theme nights on the the Ruby. You'll never where them. 🌞

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

That's odd. Theme nights have been a standard on Princess ships for many years. I pretty sure the determination as to the specific night and theme is up to the Cruise and/or Entertainment Directors. These folks change ships often enough (see the constantly updated CD List thread) that a blanket statement like the one I've quoted isn't likely to be always correct.

If you want to bring your western duds and it doesn't take up too much room, bring them and wear them if there's a theme night. If there isn't a theme night, find an excuse to wear them anyway.

OTOH, I'm a big fan of country music but I'm pretty tired of the western nights where the dancers dress up in old-fashioned Roy Rogers style western wear. The guys wear their shirts open and look (and act) more like male strippers than cowboys. Not to my taste but others are welcome to it if that's what floats their boat.

Does anyone know if the Ruby Princess does a Country western night?. I'm debating as to bring my cowboy boots or not

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess has what they call "Cruise Classics." These may be anything from C&W, Rock & Roll, 70's Disco, big band, etc.. You can never be sure which one they may have on your cruise. For b2b's they tend to alternate the theme nights, so b2b passengers get to experience different events.

In any case, very few, if any, passengers dress for the events. The staff usually wears a T shirt indicating the evening. A C&W evening basically consists of some individual dancing, followed by some traditional line dances. The event is about 1 hour long. The only event that passengers kind of dress for is the tropical deck party, probably because almost all passengers have tropical wear for tropical cruises.

OTOH, I'm a big fan of country music but I'm pretty tired of the western nights where the dancers dress up in old-fashioned Roy Rogers style western wear. The guys wear their shirts open and look (and act) more like male strippers than cowboys. Not to my taste but others are welcome to it if that's what floats their boat.

I never wear my shirt open but, if I did, "male stripper" would not be what you were thinking. More like "Where's the harpooner when you need him?" or "MY EYES! OMG MY EYES!!!"

I agree. Absolutely nothing like you will see at a dance hall here in Texas. There is a saying here that would apply to the cruise directors staff who dress up like they do.----------All hat and no cattle.