Godfrey's Tours - a good value

the2ofus

We (family of 5) were with Godfrey on Saturday, October 29th, along with six other people. He gave us a good two hour tour of St. Thomas. Before the tour he picked us up at the ship and dropped us off in Charlotte Amalie for shopping, then met us at the Liberty Bell for our tour. After the tour he took us to the beach of our choice, Sapphire Beach, took some of the group back to the ship and then came back for us two hours later at the beach.

A very pleasant gentleman, enjoyed telling us about St. Thomas. The vehicle was an open jitney (it was roofed and had side curtains in case of rain) which would have accommodated about 16 people. Godfrey was in the cab up front and did his commentary over a speaker, interspersed with island music. At the various stops on the tour he would gather us together and explain the history or interesting features we were seeing.

Would book with him again!

Marie,

We e-mailed him to inquire about his tour. I liked his response so pre-booked. I think he also picks up fares at the pier if he does not have a full complement of pax on his tour. There were folks from NCL and RCI ships with us on the tour.

Hey Donna...I was at the port of calls looking for info on St. Johns and see that you are looking for Godrey info. Scott and I used him the last time we were in St. Thomas and had a blast. Here's his website.

tour St. Thomas, Magens Bay, Bluebeards Castle coki beach

He's really good at getting back to you, too. I have some pictures of his tour bus and him if you want to see them.

Robin

Hey Robin thanks! Are you looking into St John's Antiqua? We are going there also on this Dec. cruise. Other than Nelson's dockyard, don't know what we will do. Or were you looking at just St. John's VI

Thanks again & I would love to see some pics. Do you have them on a website?

Donna...We're looking into taking the ferry to St. Johns, VI while we're in St. Thomas. I'd love to snorkel at either Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay. My pictures are on webshots. I can put them here as a link and you'd probably have to suffer through some other cruise pictures.

Webshots Community - Slideshow of Explorer of the Seas - Part 2

About half way thru the slideshow are the St. Thomas pictures.

We just booked with Godfrey this week. He had a lot of options - 1, 2 or 3 hours of shopping followed by tour and beach time, or just tour and beach. Beach is Magen's Bay, Coki Beach, or Sapphire Beach. I've read nothing but good things here and am really looking forward to St. Thomas.

We say hello to him every time we have stopped in St. Thomas. His tour is wonderful - such value - and he's a very nice man.

Last time, even though we weren't on a tour with him, he offered to take us to the downtown for an hour. What a great guy!

We are going to do a tour with him again in April, 4 years after our first tour with him and looking forward to it!

I highly recommend Godfrey!

We just got back from our cruise on the Destiny. We originally signed up with Sunny Liston. He said he had other appointments that he had to keep so he put us in the care of Godfrey. Godfrey did an outstanding job. He was very informative. We learned a lot about the island. Godfrey is a safe driver as well. For the beach visit, he recommended Sapphire Beach. We had a great time there. Great snorkling and just an overall relaxing time. Godfrey is highly recommended.

Rocky

Archived