Car rental at LA port for Jewel cruise?

vacationmommy

We were wondering if any knows if there is a car rental at the port we are going to be at Disney the days before our cruise and wanted to rent a car and thought it would be simpler to rent one that can be returned at the port. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Enterprise. They pick up and drop off at the pier.

Specifically the Enterprise in San Pedro. In my experience, the shuttle from the port to the car rental office can be a little slow; otherwise the service is very convenient. I will also mention that the Enterprise shuttle seems to favor Princess when there's more than one ship in port.

We just did this in November - picked up the car at LAX, went to Carlsbad for a few days then dropped the car at Enterprise in San Pedro (on a Sunday) - I think the hours were limited, did you call them? - they were open on Sunday in November. They didn't offer a shuttle, but cabs were easy to get right next door at the hotel (can't remember the name but if you google you'll see it it's right next door) - or they also offered to call us a cab - I think it was under $20 for the cab ride, less than 10 minutes away. Worked perfectly for us. They weren't super-speedy at return (maybe 10 minutes) - short staffed...

I also looked into car rentals at San Pedro coming off the Jewel on Sunday. As you know by now, anything close is closed on Sunday. Decided to take the NCL shuttle to LAX and picked up a car at our hotel (Hilton at LAX) and got a rate for $36 for the day. Need to be there by 12 p.m. -- when they close. Dropping off the car at the Marriott which will be closed by the time we get back but normally they tell you where to leave the keys. Also checked Long Beach, while its was a shorter taxi ride, the price was higher and would still need to leave the car at LAX when we leave on Monday.

Who the heck closes their car rental offices on Sunday at the port to handle weekend embarks/disembarks?

When we come back from our MR cruise on the Jewel, I want to rent a car as well. Our flight back home isn't until 7:30pm out of LAX. I booked the flight first, before I checkout out the car rentals. If I had known you couldn't get a car rental close by on a Sunday, I would have booked an earlier flight home.

Now I need to find a solution. I've called both rental places Hertz & Enterprise and they have confirmed they will be closed, and there are no other rental places close by. sigh...

What to do...???

You might want to call the San Pedro enterprise location and speak to them directly. When we ported at San Pedro on a Sunday they opened up specially for cruise passengers. Regarding the shuttle, we ended up walking to their location. Nice walk along the waterfront and there is also a port "train" for a fee. You could drop your luggage off and then return the car.

I would just rent a car at LAX from any of the major rental companies and use a shuttle service or uber to get to the port from LAX. There are several shuttle services that provide this service - Prime Time, etc. We did this a few years ago (and we live in LA). LAX rental locations are all open 7 days a week.

Edited by Minerva

Weighing my options of getting from Long Beach Airport to San Pedro,

I investigated renting a car from Enterprise and dropping it off at their San Pedro office

on the same day (about 2-hours later).

Compact Car: $ 31.96 (Hmmm... not bad)

Drop Fee: $40.00

Concession Recoup Fee: $ 8.08

CFC Fee: $ 10.00

Tourism Fee $ 1.12

Vehicle License Recovery Fee: $ .78

Sales Tax: $ 7.80

TOTAL: $ 99.74 !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edited by Sailor1959