Yet another Cheers question

Teagysmom

My husband and I enjoy wine with dinner and usually get a wine package. We don't drink sweet drinks. We enjoy good tequila, quality rhum and rye. We have always liked the bucket of beer on a hot day. I just want some honest opinions on the package and did people find it helpful or restrictive?

We enjoyed it and had no problems with the restrictions. The only thing you mentioned that you can't get with Cheers is the bucket of beers. Now with the increase of the allowed price per drink you could get the top shelf brands of the liquors you mentioned. The main factor is really how many drinks you plan to have.

We haven't cruised yet (June 2017) but my husband and I will be getting the Cheers package. We do like to have some drinks while having fun :) While I'm not sure I'll drink 15 alcoholic drinks during the 24 hours I know that the soda, bottled water, coffees and other included items will help make it worth it for me. Knowing that just about everything is paid for before we leave is something else I'm happy about too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We haven't cruised yet (June 2017) but my husband and I will be getting the Cheers package. We do like to have some drinks while having fun :) While I'm not sure I'll drink 15 alcoholic drinks during the 24 hours I know that the soda, bottled water, coffees and other included items will help make it worth it for me. Knowing that just about everything is paid for before we leave is something else I'm happy about too.

You only need to drink 6 or 7 alcoholic drinks per day to make it "worth it". The 15 drinks is the limit of what you can order in a 24 hr period.

My husband and I enjoy wine with dinner and usually get a wine package. We don't drink sweet drinks. We enjoy good tequila, quality rhum and rye. We have always liked the bucket of beer on a hot day. I just want some honest opinions on the package and did people find it helpful or restrictive?

No problems with any restrictions. We also enjoy wine and being able to have top choices is great without worry about expense.

Beer by the bucket is not available with the program but I always felt the bucket was to save a few cents if buying beer. Not an issue with Cheers.

You only need to drink 6 or 7 alcoholic drinks per day to make it "worth it". The 15 drinks is the limit of what you can order in a 24 hr period.

I seriously don't think I'll ever hit that limit but know I'll use $50+ on a combination of everything throughout day. I really appreciate the posts - I'm a planner and like to know how things work :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As others have said, really the only thing that you can not get is a bucket. What you can get is a server on the deck with a small tip, that will walk back to you every 10 or 15 minutes to see if you are ready for the next beer...

As for the dinning room, it is not restrictive just slow! We always get a glass to bring into the dinning room, then again with a small tip the first time I see the server, ask him to stop by 10-15 minutes after service starts so that we can order the second one.

We decided to get it just because I'm not interested in a bill at the end of our vacation. Whether or not we use it ALL or fall short.... Its just one more thing we can prepay for and not worry about busting the budget. 😂🍸🍻🍹🍷🍼🍼🍼🍼🍸🍹🍻🍺🍷

We enjoyed the package helpful .. my dad enjoys Port wine and Brandy mixed together and with this he only needed to get four drinks to make the package "worth it" as he gets the top brandy and port wine ... he has to wait for a lil while between ordering his brandy for him to get the port wine and then he mixes the two he says it is worth the wait and its something he enjoys before bedtime

Like everyone has sais the bucket of beers are not included

All in all the drinks package is worth it because even if you dont drink sweet cocktails you can indulge in speciality coffees, water, sodas .. and these are unlimited the only 15 drink limit is based on alcoholic drinks purchased

• 2 weeks later...
A big thank you to everyone. Between all the info you have provided, our love of double espressos and a peak at the alchemy bar menu it looks like the Cheers program will work well for us.

Does anyone have a copy of bar menus? I'm sailing on Carnival Victory in April and considering the Cheers. Not a beer snob but do love craft beers. I've heard that some boats have local brands on board. Thanks!!

Yes, you can can purchase it on 2nd/3rd day - whatever day - we have always saved money by purchasing the 'ahead of time price' as the savings pays for almost one day of the program. I've never reached my 15 limit, but my 7 or 8 through out the whole day is less than my 49.00+

Quick question? Can you purchase Cheers on the second day of your cruise? Cruising from Miami. Thanks!!

Yes it is, wait time is between all drinks - the computer program is actually programmed to only allow one purchase under the CHEERS at a time. The computer's POS program keeps the time.

i'm not 100% positive on this answer but i believe you would have to wait 5 minutes also even for gatorades, vitamin water, etc. i think thats just the CHEERS purchasing system and not just true for alcohol.

We did the Cheers package for the first time on our 5-day Paradise cruise. This was the third time on this itinerary, so our plan was to stay on the ship at Grand Cayman and use the Cheers package like an excursion.

Did we break even or do better? Yes, overall but not each day.

We did run into a problem we didn't anticipate the first sea day... I got 'almost' seasick in the morning due to high waves after we went through a storm at night. My stomach didn't feel right until the early afternoon... otherwise I probably would have eaten and drank more. I doubt Carnival would give a refund if someone was sick for the whole cruise... just something to keep in mind.

We didn't find the program restrictive, and it was nice to not worry about keeping track of how much we were spending. The convenience factor of not dealing with bringing bottles of wine or cans of soda is also something you can't put a price on.

At dinner, our bar waitress was fantastic and encouraged us to order the most expensive glasses of wine and always asked if we wanted a second drink.

Would we do it again? Yes, but probably only if it was a short cruise, or if we didn't plan on doing anything on port days.

We were planning to get Cheers package. My hubby just got off the phone with Carnival and they told him it doesn't include frozen alcoholic drinks at the pool. Now we're wondering if it's worth it for us.

That would be incorrect. What it doesn't include are drinks in specialty souvenir glasses. You can get all of the frozen drinks at the pool that you want, up to your 15 drink limit.

If you get in good with a bartender you can actually get a bucket of beer. If there are two of you they will get you the bucket while charging one round and then hit the other round when 5 mins is up. We have done this many times. If you don't get in good, just go to the bar and get a bucket of ice to keep your drinks in.

We were planning to get Cheers package. My hubby just got off the phone with Carnival and they told him it doesn't include frozen alcoholic drinks at the pool. Now we're wondering if it's worth it for us.

What? That would be incorrect. Frozen drinks are included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you can can purchase it on 2nd/3rd day - whatever day - we have always saved money by purchasing the 'ahead of time price' as the savings pays for almost one day of the program. I've never reached my 15 limit, but my 7 or 8 through out the whole day is less than my 49.00+

Wrong. Cheers can only be purchased the first or second day. After that it is not offered.

I do not believe that is completely accurate. I know you cannot get the souveneir type drinks that they typically push on deck. But if you get them in a regular glass it is included in Cheers. I am not a huge frozen drink person but I did order at least one per day and it was definitely included. I would also order a smoothie or non alcoholic version on deck for my kids and they were included on cheers and not counted toward your 15.