Escape drink packages advice

Warmer Climes

Hi fellow cruisers,

We'll be sailing in January 2018 in a two bedroom Haven suite and my husband and I get the complimentary drink package. The other cruisers in the suite are my son who doesn't drink much alcohol but drinks bottled water like a desperate man reaching an oasis; my 18 y.o. daughter who would love smoothies and fancy coffee drinks and my daughter-in-law who is a typical cruise drinker. I have cruised NCL many many times but not for four years so I'm not familiar with drink costs and the package price for unlimited beverages seems remarkably high, at least compared to what it was on our recent transatlantic Celebrity cruise. I'm not sure what to purchase as I don't want a huge surprise at the end of the cruise so if anyone has any input I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Barb

Bottled water will cost you, you can look at the packages online. You can expect to pay about the same as at a movie theater or ballpark.

The smoothies and froofy coffee drinks will be a la cart.

The DIL will cost $50-75 per day for the first few days, and then $30-50 on the last three days. You may be required to purchase at least the soda package for the other people in your suite, but that does not include bottled water or coffee drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You will probably get away with ordering a few drinks for your kids using your UBP and the staff won't make you pay. I'm not saying to sneak around and steal drinks for them. Just order normally, hand over your Haven card, and see what happens.

But that's only for alcoholic drinks, and soda. Bottled water and espresso drinks are not included in any beverage package, so your kids will have to pay for those. You can order a bottled water package for the stateroom, but if your son doesn't feel like carrying a 1-liter bottle all around the ship, and he orders bottled water at any bar or restaurant, he'll have to pay for it.

We stayed in the Haven recently - bar staff in the Haven were great. We had no problems ordering virgin drinks for my 13 year old son and we were never charged. In terms of water - all bars will give you water in a cup. The other option is in the area just before the outdoor Haven deck there are water stations - you could fill up a water bottle you bring with you.