Staggered chech in on Carnival Conquest

thesawch

Went to check in for our conquest cruise mid Febuary and seen this check in thing there. The earliest time available was 12 to 12:30 . I am just wondering what the earliest time that would have been available to check in as I am thinking that the earlier times were all taken !! Wish I knew about this before I checked in or I would have done it earlier !! Thanks

We just got off the Conquest last week. We booked late and the earliest available time was 11:30-12. I asked on these boards and folks said actual earliest is 11. I can tell you it wasn't "strictly" enforced (or at all). We arrived via shuttle from our hotel and were in the line to enter the terminal after checking our bags with the porters by 11. No one stopped us or checked our documents to see what time we had. They also didn't stop people who brought full sized suitcases into the terminal, although they must have sent them back at some point as these folks were sans HUGE suitcases once in the boarding area. We checked in, went through security, got our S&S cards, and were given boarding zone 5. We literally had time to use the bathrooms and were called to board and on the ship by noon, maybe a little later. I am one of those who likes to be at the port super early when it has been allowed. First time with staggered boarding for us. We have never had a line because we always arrive just as they open to let you in. This time we had the lines which moved quickly, but we didn't sit around once through them. So, same amount of time, just moving through instead off waiting. Hope this helps!

Went to check in for our conquest cruise mid Febuary and seen this check in thing there. The earliest time available was 12 to 12:30 . I am just wondering what the earliest time that would have been available to check in as I am thinking that the earlier times were all taken !! Wish I knew about this before I checked in or I would have done it earlier !! Thanks

11-11:30am

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our check-in for Conquest Dec 4 was 11:00-11:30.

Check-in for Glory Feb 4 is 11:30-12:00

Most times I have seen people arrive early and drop bags (what are they going to do, send you back in a cab?). But you may have to wait to actually Check-in. That is kind of the point. You can show up when you want, but they might not let you check-in. Then you still will have to wait to get on the ship (boarding).

Also, just depends on how fast the ship is cleared from the previous sailing.

Edited by HawkIVette

The earliest I've seen a check in time was 10:30, but I always choose a late time because they are capacity controlled and since I'm Diamond I can go whenever I want.

After so many cruises though I've changed my attitude about embarkation. I think in the future (especially in Galveston) instead of staying in Galveston the night before we'll stay close by but cheaper.......Get to the pier around 11, get checked in and leave the terminal to go to lunch at Fisherman's Wharf.

We love their food (especially Shrimp Kisses) and don't mind spending the money for lunch. Relax and not go over to the terminal until well after boarding has begun so we can just walk right onto the ship without having to wait in the VIP lounge.

Can you pick a later time?

Dont want to go anywhere near the ship till after 1:30!

Yes you can go later but not earlier. Except if you are Platinum or Diamond and then you can go anytime.

Edited by Boozebabe

why is that?

We are going to be on the ship for 8 long nights, so no rush,

Dont like joining the crowd just to get on first,

Not interested in FTTF.

Just gonna sit back at some nice spot in FL, pre cruise, for lunch until the queues die down!

We will be the last ones off at the end of the cruise as well! :-)

We are going to be on the ship for 8 long nights, so no rush,

Dont like joining the crowd just to get on first,

Not interested in FTTF.

Just gonna sit back at some nice spot in FL, pre cruise, for lunch until the queues die down!

We will be the last ones off at the end of the cruise as well! :-)

Good point!