Vaccinations

tammyjw305

Hi,

We are doing an around the horn cruise from Santiago to BA, Argentina. The state dept does not look to recommend any vaccinations/immunizations, but the cdc does. The one that sounds the most needed is Hepatitis A, to avoid issues when eating local food.

If you have taken this trip, did you get the vaccination? What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Tammy

Hi,

We are doing an around the horn cruise from Santiago to BA, Argentina. The state dept does not look to recommend any vaccinations/immunizations, but the cdc does. The one that sounds the most needed is Hepatitis A, to avoid issues when eating local food.

If you have taken this trip, did you get the vaccination? What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Tammy

Hep A is a vaccinations that you should have travelling in other parts of the world. Even if you live in the US , the hepatitis vaccine should done. The same as tetanus.

Edited by Kamloops50

We just got back, healthier that when we left. And we included an extra week in Peru to see Machu Picchu.

The only caution we came across was insect repellant for Machu Picchu because the mosquitoes were terrible.

Yeah....we actually saw 3 mosquitoes while we were there. :confused:

We just got back, healthier that when we left. And we included an extra week in Peru to see Machu Picchu.

The only caution we came across was insect repellant for Machu Picchu because the mosquitoes were terrible.

Yeah....we actually saw 3 mosquitoes while we were there. :confused:

THANKS! Certainly will be taking my repellant. My blood type happens to attract the blood thirsty creatures:

Thanks everyone! I found my shot records...fewer shots were required when I was a kids than the list that my kids got. We are going to try to get it for extra protection, since it was not required when we were kids, and since we love to travel, so it will continue to serve us!

Mosquitoes love me and my youngest child. What blood type attracts mosquitoes?

Tammy