Smoking on Summit

Elvis1209

I can confirm this since I also sailed on Constellation & Summit within the past year. On Constellation my cabin was right over the former port smoking area Sunset Bar (1139) and my last Summit cruise was aft midship right over Sunset Bar. Needless to say I spent a lot of time on the back of Deck 10. :D

This is just another example of Celebrity Cruises copy and pasting inaccurate, outdated information from their web site. I wonder if they've ever cruised on one of their ships?

They did indicate it was "at the ships discretion", officially, these are the places where one 'can' smoke.

bon voyage

There’s a post on down the page with some interesting discussion about a change on the Equinox. I’m not exactly sure it’s correct. But I haven’t been on an S ship in about 18 months.

Would like to see some other input on it.

I like to end every night at sea with a cognac and a cigar. My question is where do they allow smoking on Summit? I'm sailing in September.

Elvis

LOL, this thread went south in a hurry. Elvis, If I were on the Summit in September with you I’d gladly join you.

While I am an occasional evening cigar and scotch lover I am also a former cigarette smoker and really do detest cigarette smoke. For that reason I try to be respectful of the non smokers and not only smoke in the designated areas but do it in such a way that it will have the least impact on my fellow passengers.

I’m on the Equinox in three weeks and if still allowed, I will be partaking a cigar and scotch (or Rum) under the stars on the port side of the sunset bar every night. That is my favorite spot on the ship. Great spot to meet new friends day or night.

I would verify the areas once on board the Summit. As was pointed out above, there is some discretion from ship to ship. For example, on our recent Empress of the Seas cruise they were allowing cigars in the smoking area on the port side of the pool deck (normally a cigarette only area).