Anthem Jr Suite verses Breakaway Haven

IluvZ

I am posting this on both RCCL and NCL to get diverse opinions.

A little background. I am taking my parents, avid cruises, on a trip to NYC for the Macy's parade and then on a cruise. We have all been avid cruises and Iam Platinum on NCL, they are high on RCCL and NCL. We had a bad experience food wise two years ago on the NCL Spirit out of Europe, although we love that ship overall. And we had an average time years ago on RCCL Adventure and haven't been back to that line since. We did MSC in Yacth club and loved that.

Another important note, we have a soon to be 13 DS traveling with us.

For the same price, we can get a one bedroom H7 suite in NCL including all the current perks - drinks, dining, internet. Or we can get a Jr Suite with an attached Studio with a small OBC.

We have historically loved Haven except for the drop in food quality. But the Anthem looks amazing for a 13 year old.

Thoughts?

We love the Haven experience from NCL. Its amazing. A true ship with in a ship. You can enjoy all the stuff a big has water slides, shows activities parties and still get the luxury and service of a small ship.

Royal does not have that. Some of the higher level suites have special perks like a lounge and a concierge. With a JR suit all you get is the ability to eat dinner only in the coastal kitchen (no lunch or breakfast)and a bigger room. No lounge, no private pool, no private sun deck, no private bar. Without a private pool and the kids having to share a sofa bed I can not justify the suite prices on Royal.

When given the choice between another Haven cruise or 2 balcony rooms on a Royal ship hands down my kids (15 and 12) picked Anthem. They loved Quantum and wanted to redo that ship so much for teens to do. Rip cord, Flow rider, x box room, bumper cars, the whole sports plex.

I would rather have the Haven but its a family vacation so Anthem it is. :-)

Is the Breakaway or the Gem? If it is the Breakaway, then hands down NCL. You can not beat the Haven and there is plenty to do for your child. Gem, while we love the Haven there, I don't find it as fun as the newer ships. You get free dining, free drinks, free internet and a private pool.

Anthem, by far is our favorite ship overall if only doing balcony rooms. We loved the layout and the activities and the restaurants (but that was when they had Dynamic Dining). Now we find the food on NCL immensely better than RCL in the complimentary restaurants.

You really can't go wrong with either but with the price the same, I'd choose the Haven (on the Breakaway).

No comparison here. I am a Royal loyalist that has only strayed very infrequently but you are not comparing suite to suite. The JS does not provide the same suite perks as the upgraded cabins. You would need to upgrade to truly compare apples to apples. NCL wins this for me without question.