My View: Carnival Magic November 2016...A picture heavy report

APDMOM

Great review, booked on this itinerary in 120 days! Took the 7 day eastern on magic in August of 16 and loved it so much we have to do it again!

Enjoy! We love this itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see you had a cove balcony...what was your room number?

We were in 2309. We chose it because we read reviews that stated there are six cove balconies on each side that are not directly under the large lifeboats. This is the location of 2309... you can see there is only a small rescue boat above it:

daa61b7fda25979b3878ab5101c6d47a.jpg

4fcdb537549aaec8ae1cecbe33623cd5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had 2373 and 2375 cove balcony and the galley noise was terrible all night. I know the people in 2371 states to us they called to complain at guest services but saw no difference

Also the raw sewage smell on the balcony was an everyday Thing, I guess we were downwind

Hi APDMOM --

Still in Jax doing your sail away photos? We'll soon be on the Elation.

Loved your review and pics. Good luck with the new camera.

We were on the Magic 1/7 and 1/14 sailing. Erin and Sean were very good in the Atrium. Really enjoyed them. However, when we heard them in the Red Frog Pub, the sound was way off. We had to look to make sure it was them. Don't know what the difference was.

We were in cove 2260. No smells, no noise (under Shore Excursions), quite a bit of spray but it wiped up nicely. We too saw flying fish. Amazed at how long they seem to be in the air (sure the wind helps.) :D

We've done a lot of cruises, but I like your numbered reasons for doing more. :)

Ok, we're in 2277! I picked it because I was worried about the noise from the galley. We're under guest services so hopefully that's quiet lol!

Enjoy! If you remember, please come report back about your balcony, and how you liked it. :)

We had 2373 and 2375 cove balcony and the galley noise was terrible all night. I know the people in 2371 states to us they called to complain at guest services but saw no difference

Also the raw sewage smell on the balcony was an everyday Thing, I guess we were downwind

Oh no! That would be very unpleasant! I am keeping notes to see which balconies sound better in terms of noise and smell. You got a double Whammy! 😞

I've been reading mixed reviews about the chat feature in the Hub app. Such as odd delays in receiving messages. Did you experience any issues with the chat?

We did not pay for or use the chat feature. I purchased the basic wifi plan for our two cabins (my parents were in a porthole cabin), and we used WhatsApp without any problems or delays. Occasionally, the hub app would not load (error message would say it is on vacation :)), but it was maybe 3 times the whole week.

Hi APDMOM --

Still in Jax doing your sail away photos? We'll soon be on the Elation.

Loved your review and pics. Good luck with the new camera.

We were on the Magic 1/7 and 1/14 sailing. Erin and Sean were very good in the Atrium. Really enjoyed them. However, when we heard them in the Red Frog Pub, the sound was way off. We had to look to make sure it was them. Don't know what the difference was.

We were in cove 2260. No smells, no noise (under Shore Excursions), quite a bit of spray but it wiped up nicely. We too saw flying fish. Amazed at how long they seem to be in the air (sure the wind helps.) :D

We've done a lot of cruises, but I like your numbered reasons for doing more. :)

Hi, tandemcruzr!!!

Always fun to see my Fascintion faces here! I will gladly go take pictures for you if I am available. When do you leave?

We do not get down to the river as much as we used to, but we still LOVE it!

I'm sorry for asking so many questions...I noticed the Coffee Bar. The Sunshine had Java Blue which included ice cream floats and milkshakes. This was included with the Cheers package. Anywhere on the Magic for shakes or floats? Trying to determine whether to get Cheers in July. Thanks!

Hi, tandemcruzr!!!

Always fun to see my Fascintion faces here! I will gladly go take pictures for you if I am available. When do you leave?

We do not get down to the river as much as we used to, but we still LOVE it!

Thanks -- March 11. Scheduled departure is 4PM. We'll be on Serenity, starboard aft. :)

LOVE the magnetic hooks idea! What wall did you put them on? Where did you buy the hooks if you don't mind me asking? We always have so much stuff lying around.

I bought them on Amazon. They are $9.99 for a set of two. It is a bit more expensive than you can get at the hardware store, but these are very strong and durable. They also have a protectice backing that keeps them from scratching the surface. We love them!

Search for: Magnetized Tool Hooks For Grill-Fridge-Cabinet

I'm sorry for asking so many questions...I noticed the Coffee Bar. The Sunshine had Java Blue which included ice cream floats and milkshakes. This was included with the Cheers package. Anywhere on the Magic for shakes or floats? Trying to determine whether to get Cheers in July. Thanks!

I don't mind the questions at all! That is what we are here for. :)

Yes, they did have shakes at the coffee bar. We did not have a drinks package, so I don't know what was included. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Thanks -- March 11. Scheduled departure is 4PM. We'll be on Serenity, starboard aft. :)

Perfect!!! Saturday departures are easier for us to catch, so we can "see" you there. :D I have you on my calendar.

Send me an e-mail so that I can have your address to forward the pics afterward. APDMOM@live.com

LOVE the magnetic hooks idea! What wall did you put them on? Where did you buy the hooks if you don't mind me asking? We always have so much stuff lying around.

I was thrilled to have found this tip for our last cruise. I found a 2 pack at Walmart. Others have said Amazon. My wal mart ones worked great! I only brought 2, but wish I brought a few more bc we had 4 in an inside cabin [emoji15]

Do they have any sort of "night lighting" in the bathrooms at night? They did on RCCL Allure Of the Seas. Or do u need to bring a light?

We leave the bathroom light on And shut the door so only a sliver of light shines