Iguazu Falls in a day?

ussminnow

The path on the Brazilian side takes about 3 hours.

There are 3 main trails on the Argentine side, all different perspectives, about 6 hours total.

The bird park on the Brazilian side is interesting (about 2 hours).

There are boat rides under the falls from both sides, a definite thrill.

Most flights don't arrive until mid-morning.

Last return flight to Rio from IGU iirc is about 6 pm. Don't know about back to BA from IGR.

I only did the Argentinian side to avoid visa issues. I still couldn't find a way to make it work without an overnight. I came in late the night before and toured till mid afternoon before taking a late afternoon flight back to BA. Agree the boat ride is essential, much more entertaining than Niagara falls for example. Actually the falls in general are more impressive than Niagara Falls.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The path on the Brazilian side takes about 3 hours.

There are 3 main trails on the Argentine side, all different perspectives, about 6 hours total.

The bird park on the Brazilian side is interesting (about 2 hours).

There are boat rides under the falls from both sides, a definite thrill.

We just returned today from a 31 day LA to Rio cruise followed by 2 days in Rio and 50 hours (2 nights) in a hotel on the Brazilian side of the falls. Thanks to guidance from you, everything worked out perfectly!

We arrived around 1 pm but by the time we unpacked and had a bite to eat it was getting close to 3 so we went to the Bird Park (right across from the entrance to the Brazilian park) for 2 hours (2 1/2 would have been better). If you have any interested in birds - especially ones you probably haven't seen before - don't miss it. Some birds are in large cages, others in aviaries, and some are free.

The next day we spent the entire day on the Argentine side. There are 3 major paths (1.5 to 2 kilometers each more or less) for spectacular views. We were blown away and you can easily spend a full day there especially if you take the boat ride too. If you are going from Brazil to Argentina, be prepared for a wait (shorter earlier in the morning) for immigration formalities entering Argentina. Exiting Argentina in the evening (around 5:30 Brazilian time - Argentina is an hour behind) the line at passport control was very, very long. It took about 1/2 hour. We had been warned to figure on an 1 hour commute between the two parks (our hotel was within a few kilometers of the Brazilian side). Morning was a little less, evening a little more. We left the hotel at 8:30 am, arrived at the park at 9:15 and left at 4:30 arriving back at the hotel around 6 pm.

Our last morning we went to the Brazilian side for 3 hours but 2 1/2 hours would have been sufficient (add more time if doing the boat tour). It was even more breathtaking than the Argentine side! If I had to pick one side right now having seen both, it would be the Brazilian side and that was the unanimous consensus of our group of 4.

Flying back to Rio last night to catch our flights back to the states my BIL admitted that initially he wasn't all that excited about the extension. Now he says it was one of the most impressive places he has ever visited and thanked me for insisting that we go!