Western Caribbean Excursions!!! Help needed

katemazz

Hi! My family and I are going on our first Disney cruise on the fantasy fen 4th -11th. We are doing the western Caribbean cruise with a 6 and 3 year old. What are the best excursions at Cozumel and grand Cayman. We planned on doing the Dolphins at Cozumel. How is this experience? Good and caymans we wanted to do a beach day. Any awesome all inclusive or must haves at caymans? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All cruise lines do the same dolphin excursions, most at Chankannaab Park (we haven't been to the other one). You can also take a cab there (maybe 10 minutes) and buy your own admissions with or without the dolphin encounters. We liked the "swim with" excursion last time we were there, but probably can't do this one with kids your age. Check their web site to make sure (Dolphin Encounter - can't paste their web site here). There are several levels of encounter, some with manatees.

Photo packages are pretty expensive there. They also have a shallow freshwater pool you can use.

Grand Cayman is a neat place but best part is the rays, and doubt any tours will take kids as young as yours. Beaches are close to town and easy to get to.

Recommend you do research on the Coz and GC boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

Edited by LeeW
web sites

Hi! My family and I are going on our first Disney cruise on the fantasy fen 4th -11th. We are doing the western Caribbean cruise with a 6 and 3 year old. What are the best excursions at Cozumel and grand Cayman. We planned on doing the Dolphins at Cozumel. How is this experience? Good and caymans we wanted to do a beach day. Any awesome all inclusive or must haves at caymans? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may want to check out Native Way in Grand Cayman. They have a short tour that includes seeing the starfish which may be suitable for your family.

We've done Western a couple times and we typically find a nice beach bar and hang there for the day. I was very tempted in Cozumel to take the Cozumel Kids Hop tour which takes you to a few beach bars around the island that are more kid friendly. I can't endorse it because we didn't do the tour but it will certainly be a consideration on our next tour of the Western Caribbean.

Edited by Tagong
typo

In Grand Cayman, the turtle farm is great for kids. We did it thru Captain Marvin's which included a half day island tour for the same price as the turtle farm alone thru Boatswain's (operator of the turtle farm). I really don't think the kids would enjoy a half day island tour though.

All beaches in Grand Cayman are free and open to the public, but you must use a public walkway to get to the beach (can't trespass on private property). There are beaches close to the tender terminal, but the better known ones are a short drive away. 7 Mile Beach is probably the best known, but we prefer Sea Grape Beach or Cemetary beach. All the "big name" beaches have vendors who can sell you food, rent chairs, umbrellas, etc. You can get to the beaches via a public bus or a taxi.

• 3 weeks later...