1st Time on Ecstasy.....Best Room Advice Please!!

rocketmom09

We've sailed Freedom previously, and this time we're sailing Ecstacy. I know nothing about the Ecstacy, and we're ready to book, so we need help choosing a cabin. Not sure which level is best. Any help would be appreciated. No inside cabins!

Edited by rocketmom09

Just be aware that the outside and balcony cabins are smaller than the ones on the classes built after Fantasy class. These do not have room for a sofa. If I went Fantasy class again I would go for lowest price since there is not much to the higher priced non-suite cabins.

I have been on this class ship 4 times, Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation x2. The last time i went on this class ship we got an Aft View Balcony and i can tell you that i think its the best seat in the house.

- Back of the ship so your close to the buffet, so you can grab your lunch or breakfast and eat it out on your balcony.

- Close to the water since its a smaller ship.

- Huge balcony space.

- At night it wonderful to just sit out there and watch the water turn up from the propellars, very soothing.

One thing that was a bummer when i booked this room was that we went to nassau, and every time ive been to nassau on this class ship they back the ship in. So when i booked this room i was like YES! im gonna have an awesome view of Paradise Island. Well for whatever reason this time they didnt back in! ohh well :)

I Love this room so much, i would not sail on this class ship again if i could not get an AFT Balcony.

Also, forgot to mention, this is the only class ship that i like the AFT Balconies on, the newer bigger class ships have a slant toward the bow of the ship and possibly into someone elses AFT View Balcony on the deck below you, and when your looking out from the balcony and you look down all your seeing is the butt end of the ship unless you look out in the distance. on the Fantasy Class ships its slanted towards the AFT and when you look down your looking at the water, and you cant see down into someones balcony and someone above you cant see into yours.

• 2 weeks later...

We like to choose our cabin based on where we spend our DAYTIME hours...you tend to run back and forth to the cabin more during the day. We like to be within 1-2 decks of the pool, which is our daytime space! Your mileage may vary!

We had the grand suite on Ecstasy last year and was very disappointed. yes its bigger than a standard room but for the money not worth it. I like Empress deck OV best on this class ship and I do LOVE the Fantasy class!!

If you don't have the money for a Balcony or Suite, I like staying on the Empress Deck. Everything is just a few decks up.:)

I second this! We stayed on the Empress Deck our last cruise on Ecsatcy, and we loved its proximity to everything! Also we didn't have any issue with noise. We were towards the front of the ship.