End of 2018 dates?

JennG1983

Hey! This is my 2nd or 3rd post here. Hubby and I are planning our very first ever cruise on DCL for the end of 2018 - thinking October/November. I know no one knows for sure, but when do you guys think those dates will be released?

Also, does booking on the first day dates are released actually save as much money as I'm hearing?

We are going on Fantasy for a 7

Night in April. We booked it last May. The cabin category was $800 more for the same type of cabin I had booked three months before the cruise. It's still high either way to he honest but it gets higher as time goes at least ours did and this is a spring break time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey! This is my 2nd or 3rd post here. Hubby and I are planning our very first ever cruise on DCL for the end of 2018 - thinking October/November. I know no one knows for sure, but when do you guys think those dates will be released?

Also, does booking on the first day dates are released actually save as much money as I'm hearing?

Speculation is currently running about March/April for the rest of 2018.

As to prices - historically DCL prices were (compared to similar itineraries on other lines) higher. And, once the space onboard filled up, prices would increase. These increases could happen quickly and often, or slowly and less often.

Recently (last couple of years) DCL has been releasing their itineraries with higher and higher initial prices, and the increases been fewer.

Generally, prices on opening day are the lowest those prices will be for any given cruise. But the price may remain stable for a long time, or increase more quickly, if it's a popular cruise.

Thank you everyone! I want to have as much info and decisions made as possible so I can book early and hopefully save some $$$.

It's hard not knowing how much a deposit will be, since the prices aren't out yet... and we're going to Disneyland in June so I don't want to pull out of that savings!

Travel agents are made aware of the release date 1- 2 days in advance...my TA always notifies me of the upcoming release and offers to book anything I want. At that point they don't have prices' date=' but at least they know what's about to happen.[/quote']

This is good to know! I haven't spoken to a TA yet, but will be finding a Disney Cruise specializing one soon!

This is good to know! I haven't spoken to a TA yet, but will be finding a Disney Cruise specializing one soon!

Be sure to ask questions--has the agent been on a DCL cruise? When? Have they done the Disney training (I think it is called "College of Knowledge" or something similar. How does their office work if they are not available? Are they on salary (so everyone in the office is eager to help you) or on commission (where you may get an attitude that Sue did your booking so Joe doesn't want to talk to you). Is there a real office or are they a collection of borderline trained people working from cell phones? What service can you expect other than what you'd get from booking on your own on line?

You are "buying" the agency and the agent. Shop wisely.