Allure of the Seas Jan 2 - Jan 8 Bar / Drink package review

You mentioned you pre purchased your drink package at 25% off. Other cruisers have mentioned the most they've seen offered pre cruise was 20%. Was that booking direct with RC on the cruise planner? thanks for the info!

You mentioned you pre purchased your drink package at 25% off. Other cruisers have mentioned the most they've seen offered pre cruise was 20%. Was that booking direct with RC on the cruise planner? thanks for the info!

The current rate is 20%, but they were offering it for 30% in late October, and there was a recent sale combining the beverage and internet packages that I believe probably worked out to at least 30%. The price isn't constant, so just keep an eye open for specials. Maybe OP hit a 25% sale.

Edited by Fouremco

Sabor Bar - Deck 6 Boardwalk right beside the Aqua theater. Here you will find the BEST MARGARITA'S on the ship. One thing I noticed on board was that margaritas were made different at various bars. But Sabor takes top honours for making the best. This is the perfect spot to grab a drink for any show taking plaza in the Aqua Theater. Great service depending on time and crowds. If tequila is not your cup of tea then there are many other frozen cocktail drinks to choose from.

Were all the margaritas included in your drink package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These boards are flooded with great reviews of food and shows ( for the record Chops was the best meal in my entire life ) However I thought I would go in a slightly different direction and review the Bars , lounges , drinks and the merits of the drink package. Please feel free to ask any questions along the way and I will do my best to answer. !

Great Review Thank you for doing this. and I do have a question. I'm sailing feb 12th. and put together a pub crawl with some members of our roll call group.

Here are the bars I picked to do the crawl, planning on the first sea day at 1:00 in the afternoon. Please take a look at my pub choices and let me know what you think. (especially if there are any logistic problems with any of them.)

begin at the schooner bar

proceed to Bar 2 Boleros bar

proceed to bar 3 Globe and Atlas Pub (deck 5)

proceed to bar 4 Rising Tide (deck 5)

Exit RT on deck 8, proceed to bar 5 Trellis bar

What do you think? any problem? any bars you think would be better choices?

thanks ( and thanks again for the reviews)

Great Review Thank you for doing this. and I do have a question. I'm sailing feb 12th. and put together a pub crawl with some members of our roll call group.

Here are the bars I picked to do the crawl, planning on the first sea day at 1:00 in the afternoon. Please take a look at my pub choices and let me know what you think. (especially if there are any logistic problems with any of them.)

begin at the schooner bar

proceed to Bar 2 Boleros bar

proceed to bar 3 Globe and Atlas Pub (deck 5)

proceed to bar 4 Rising Tide (deck 5)

Exit RT on deck 8, proceed to bar 5 Trellis bar

What do you think? any problem? any bars you think would be better choices?

thanks ( and thanks again for the reviews)

What a Brilliant idea I love it. You have made some nice choices however there may be a few issues . The Rising Tide may not ne open during the time of your crawl. Also Boleros had to send a waiter to another kitchen to make me a frozen mojito and it took forever . If not having frozen cocktails there then it should not be an issue. If possible I would add Sabor bar located deck 6 near the Aquatheter they make the best Margaritas on the ship . I love the idea of ending the crawl at Trellis the bartenders there are artist making great mojito's or if looking to end with a bang they put together a great Jager Bomb. I hope this helps enjoy your crawl and let me know how it works out . Cheers !

Edited by KrazyKanuk72

You mentioned the 70's party a couple times... is this not info they give before the cruise. I'd like to be prepared and participate. Anything else I should know about??

The 70's party is a MUST SEE ! It is a party that takes place on the Royal Promenade kicking off at 9:30 with a disco duo then the party kicks in to high gear at 10 . On our cruise it took place on night 4 keep an eye on your daily compass . There are a view options for viewing the party and show. The best viewing location is the Schooner bar on deck 6 get there early. You can also be in the heart of the party by hanging out in the middle of the Royal Promenade it gets really crowded but a damn good time . Please let me know if you have any other questions CHEERS !

Were all the margaritas included in your drink package?

Every Margarita I ordered was covered including top shelf Patron with Grand Marnier. Sabor bar offers the best Margarita selection. CHEERS !

Edited by KrazyKanuk72

Dazzles - Located on Deck 8 and 9. This has all the potential to be THE SPOT to gather enjoy a few cocktails to dance mingle and have some good times. It is a stunning 2 story lounge with great views of the boardwalk. However I really could never figure out what Royal was trying to accomplish with Dazzles. Is it a disco, is it a ballroom, is it a club. If the correct entertainment and band was used here on a regular basis then this would be a true gem . I just never knew from one moment to the next what I would be walking in to or what vibe to expect. Full Bar service with all drinks available and certainly worth checking out though I feel it is misused by Royal.

Thank you for this thread. I am still trying to convince myself to get the package. My husband said to just get it and enjoy not having to worry about drinks while on the cruise. Then I'm a cheap person that forking over 400 right now kills me...lol. But I do enjoy a my wine, beer, and heck anything really...lol. And with us docking in Labadee it's a plus for having the package.

Thank you for this thread. I am still trying to convince myself to get the package. My husband said to just get it and enjoy not having to worry about drinks while on the cruise. Then I'm a cheap person that forking over 400 right now kills me...lol. But I do enjoy a my wine, beer, and heck anything really...lol. And with us docking in Labadee it's a plus for having the package.

It is a big upfront investment but honestly in the end you will be glad you got it. My wife did not want the package at all. I knew she would certainly have a pre dinner drink , a few glasses of wine at dinner and then a drink or two in the evening at the shows. So I just went ahead and bought the package for her as well. With the stop at Labadee it really makes the choice that much easier . With the current ship prices for drinks you will need to consume 4-5 daily to make it worth your while . This may seem like a lot to some but it is really easy to do once on board especially when you mix in sea days and stops at the private Island. I can not tell you the relief we had receiving our final bill on board and not have to worry about all the additional drink charges. I hope this helps and enjoy your cruise . Cheers !

Thank you for doing this review...man how I wish I would've had this info before our Allure cruise last February!!

We are getting ready to go on Navigator...just a general question as I know drink prices vary ship to ship and month to month, but did you happen to notice the price of martinis? One of my favorite drinks is a lemon drop with Grey Goose. Do you know if Grey Goose is included in the drink package as well? I know it was last year, just wasn't sure with all the changes recently.

I'm hoping Sabor on the Navigator has these great margaritas you speak of as well. :cool:

Thank you for doing this review...man how I wish I would've had this info before our Allure cruise last February!!

We are getting ready to go on Navigator...just a general question as I know drink prices vary ship to ship and month to month, but did you happen to notice the price of martinis? One of my favorite drinks is a lemon drop with Grey Goose. Do you know if Grey Goose is included in the drink package as well? I know it was last year, just wasn't sure with all the changes recently.

I'm hoping Sabor on the Navigator has these great margaritas you speak of as well. :cool:

Not sure about Martinis but I did get a grey Goose and red bull and it was covered. Enjoy the cruise cheers !

Hi. Quick question - can I order my wine and a bottle of water at the same time? Or do I have to go back twice? Thanks!

Should be no issue getting a glass of wine and bottle of water at same time . They do get a little cranky when ordering 2 or 3 bottles of water at the same time though. Cheers !

Mast Bar , Wipeout Bar - located on deck 16 these 2 locations are great alternatives to some of the other busier pool bars located on deck 15. Not to mention the Wipeout Bar Is one of only a few locations on the ship to get Sierra Nevada Beer.

Wipeout Bar is my favourite. Great access to a Guavarita and the water dispenser. I can always get a deck chair there and when I need to move to the shade, I get a seat at the Flowrider viewing stand to watch DH ride. Also a great view of the ship's wake. [emoji484][emoji475]🏻[emoji568]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ill be buying the drinks package before my sept sailing on the allure.

at the minute its £313 (264+48 service charge) im in no rush to purchase as i have 10 months yet, but can i expect (or hope!) that it goes cheaper than this in my planner???