Allure of the Seas Jan 2 - Jan 8 Bar / Drink package review

Just goes to show you how much the staff changes from year to year - we were on Allure last January, and the bunch of us spent every night at the bow and stern - the place was packed every night! When we were on Allure I ended up avoiding Sabors, there would be only 2 or 3 people there and you would still wait forever to get served! Glad to hear the staff at Sabors have picked up speed, sorry to hear the pub isn't as good as it was though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cruisin'Kim

They have Red Bull and it included as part of the drink package??

People have reported no problem getting some Red Bull as a mixer with the drink package. There have been differing reports of being able to get a can of Red Bull all alone with the drink package.

Edited by clarea

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread. Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pick up the drink package for our Sept sailing, but it seems my girlfriend is still thinking about if. It looks like a large sum of cash, and honestly it is, but breaking it down to per day numbers and it looks right up my lane. I know I wanna drink so for me it's a no brainer, especially since we have Labadee as a port. Also, on top of all that it includes coffees a and juices/sodas. Again, no brainer for me.

I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread. Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pick up the drink package for our Sept sailing, but it seems my girlfriend is still thinking about if. It looks like a large sum of cash, and honestly it is, but breaking it down to per day numbers and it looks right up my lane. I know I wanna drink so for me it's a no brainer, especially since we have Labadee as a port. Also, on top of all that it includes coffees a and juices/sodas. Again, no brainer for me.

Haha !! A running joke for me and my girlfriend on our criise was most nights when drunk I'd tell her that buying the drinks package was a no brainer! Those words! But in all seriousness it wasn't. It seems a lot of money paying it. But you'll spend loads more if you don't and you are a drinker. Buy it. Go on the ship worry free of what your spending. Enjoy yourself. Thank me later

Edit: and if your getting on the allure on Sept 24th thank me on there :-) I'll be the drunk one at the bar :-D

Edited by leono1

• 1 month later...

My wife really likes the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. I posted in a thread on Oasis but thought I'd try here as well. I read somewhere that Chops had it for $13 thus in the package but other bars had it at $17. They said they asked a bar manager and the correct price should be $13. If it is in fact lower at one bar will other bars honor the price? You can get a bottle of it for $16 I hope she doesn't have to pay an extra $4 per glass on top of the package.

The current rate is 20%, but they were offering it for 30% in late October, and there was a recent sale combining the beverage and internet packages that I believe probably worked out to at least 30%. The price isn't constant, so just keep an eye open for specials. Maybe OP hit a 25% sale.

Question .. what happens if you have already booked and paid for the drink package at the 20% discount (which I did) and after the cruise planner becomes available, a 25% or 30% discount becomes available ... is there a way to get a credit/refund?

Yes. Go to the cruise planner and cancel your current package, you will see the credit card credit in up to 7 days. Then buy any package that you want. I changed my plan three times and never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ill be buying the drinks package before my sept sailing on the allure.

at the minute its £313 (264+48 service charge) im in no rush to purchase as i have 10 months yet, but can i expect (or hope!) that it goes cheaper than this in my planner???

It is possible since you have a decent amount of time. Just keep watching. 2 cruises ago (Allure) I found a BOGO on my cruise planner a few months before our sailing! Haven't seen it since. Was perfect and I was totally able to justify the purchase. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my girlfriend and I splurged and got the deluxe drink package! First time doing so for a cruise! And of course I had to re-find this thread since it had so much helpful information. I have a few more questions to ask, naturally.

What is the likelihood of getting call or top shelf drinks within the $13 limit? I've read on here that some cruisers were able to get what was thought to be a slightly pricier drink without having to pay the difference. Could this be Royal throwing us a bone with some sort of grace amount? Could it be a fluke or maybe a nice bartender turning the cheek? There may not be an actual answer to this but maybe some of you could post some of your observations or experiences.

And if a drink is priced higher than the limit, does the bartender tell you the difference before making the drink?

Well, my girlfriend and I splurged and got the deluxe drink package! First time doing so for a cruise! And of course I had to re-find this thread since it had so much helpful information. I have a few more questions to ask, naturally.

What is the likelihood of getting call or top shelf drinks within the $13 limit? I've read on here that some cruisers were able to get what was thought to be a slightly pricier drink without having to pay the difference. Could this be Royal throwing us a bone with some sort of grace amount? Could it be a fluke or maybe a nice bartender turning the cheek? There may not be an actual answer to this but maybe some of you could post some of your observations or experiences.

And if a drink is priced higher than the limit, does the bartender tell you the difference before making the drink?

G'day , it all depends on what you are going to drink. Here in Canada Patron is top shelf tequila and my personal fave. I had no issue at all ordering patron all week as part of the package. I also had Grey Goose on a number of occasions under the limit. I did not get in to the scotch or whisky so I can not speak on that. If you are wine drinkers you will find the selection included in the package to be very limited . As far as bartenders telling you if a drink is over the limit I had 2 glasses of wine that were over and was not informed so I just paid the difference. Please let me know if you have any other questions . CHEERS !

I'll be on the Allure in less than two weeks. Does the rule still stand that you can order a shot and a beer at the same time? They've allowed this on previous cruises (including last August on FOTS) but I'm not sure if it has changed with the new drink package.

This was not allowed on our cruise when I tried unless I was carting my wife's drink pass with me then I had no issue ordering 2 drinks at a time .

G'day , it all depends on what you are going to drink. Here in Canada Patron is top shelf tequila and my personal fave. I had no issue at all ordering patron all week as part of the package. I also had Grey Goose on a number of occasions under the limit. I did not get in to the scotch or whisky so I can not speak on that. If you are wine drinkers you will find the selection included in the package to be very limited . As far as bartenders telling you if a drink is over the limit I had 2 glasses of wine that were over and was not informed so I just paid the difference. Please let me know if you have any other questions . CHEERS !

This is great information! Thank you so much. At home I'm usually a simple mixed drink kinda guy. I'll do well or call out and about at bars, but usually never top shelf unless I'm celebrating something or at home. I figure for our cruise I might as well try my hand at top shelf cocktails I've either never tried or have heard a lot about. Who knows, I might do a fireball shot, as well, even though I'm not a shot kinda guy. :eek:

We get the drink package every cruise. We have never been charged extra for any drink. I like Makers Mark bourbon but my hubby loves Scotch. No matter the brand, we've never paid more. Always good to tip your favorite bartenders first day. Especially at the pool. The really cater to you.

We get the drink package every cruise. We have never been charged extra for any drink. I like Makers Mark bourbon but my hubby loves Scotch. No matter the brand, we've never paid more. Always good to tip your favorite bartenders first day. Especially at the pool. The really cater to you.

That's a great tip. Thank you! I'm making a drink list as we speak. And sadly, yes, I need one. I may "think" of a list, but it all goes to dust when I'm on the spot and asked what I want to drink. Terrible memory. Terrible.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! I will be there in january17 and I try to buy a drink package or put it in my shopping cart and I can'T??? Do you have a idea why?

It's possible that these items are not yet available for your sailing.