Allure of the Seas Jan 2 - Jan 8 Bar / Drink package review

It is a big upfront investment but honestly in the end you will be glad you got it. My wife did not want the package at all. I knew she would certainly have a pre dinner drink , a few glasses of wine at dinner and then a drink or two in the evening at the shows. So I just went ahead and bought the package for her as well. With the stop at Labadee it really makes the choice that much easier . With the current ship prices for drinks you will need to consume 4-5 daily to make it worth your while . This may seem like a lot to some but it is really easy to do once on board especially when you mix in sea days and stops at the private Island. I can not tell you the relief we had receiving our final bill on board and not have to worry about all the additional drink charges. I hope this helps and enjoy your cruise . Cheers !

You mentioned that with the stop in Labadee it makes the choice much easier, how so? Are the drinks you consume in Labadee off the ship included in your package? I will be there in May so trying to learn as much as I can ahead of time. Thank you!

yes the drinks are included in labadee from your drinks package.

i was there almost 2 years ago now so my memories a bit vague (too many drinks :D) so maybe someone else can add more info for you :)

Edited by leono1

Is Vintages included in drink package?

Yes, to the extent their glasses of wine are within the package limit. Note that you also get a substantial discount on bottles of wine when you have a package.

Is there a cap on the drinks/day. I know on Carnival it was 15. What is it with Royal?

No cap on number of drinks, but responsible service will be applied and if you're considered too drunk they'll cut you off.

Another way they can cut you off is if they see you sharing drinks. They can cancel your package with no refund.

ill be buying the drinks package before my sept sailing on the allure.

at the minute its £313 (264+48 service charge) im in no rush to purchase as i have 10 months yet, but can i expect (or hope!) that it goes cheaper than this in my planner???

Yes just put it in your cart in the planner and do not checkout . Through out the year you will see it go on sale I picked it up at a 25% off sale. CHEERS !

Glad to see no 'caps'!:D

Quick question on the all inclusive drink package: I do more alcohol drinks, but my S/O does 90% soft drinks.

I understand that we don't BOTH have to buy the all inc. package - and as long as we don't abuse the idea of an extra margurita once or twice for her, it's ok.

But the package comes with the chip encoded cup for the soft drink option, so one package would be good for both of our desires.. correct? Thanks for the info!

G

Yes, they have the small bottles of Pellegrino.

Thanks!!! You are so knowledgeable! This is amazing. :-).

I just splurged and bought the deluxe package. It stated clearly that it covers drinks up to 12$. But I'm seeing posts that it actually covers drinks up to 13$. Strange. Would you happen to know why there's a discrepancy? Thanks a million.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!!! You are so knowledgeable! This is amazing. :-).

I just splurged and bought the deluxe package. It stated clearly that it covers drinks up to 12$. But I'm seeing posts that it actually covers drinks up to 13$. Strange. Would you happen to know why there's a discrepancy? Thanks a million.

Yes, because this is RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent.

Thank you for this thread. I am still trying to convince myself to get the package. My husband said to just get it and enjoy not having to worry about drinks while on the cruise. Then I'm a cheap person that forking over 400 right now kills me...lol. But I do enjoy a my wine, beer, and heck anything really...lol. And with us docking in Labadee it's a plus for having the package.

Your situation sounds just like mine. My husband was telling me the same thing and I was feeling the same way as you. I ended up purchasing it. It is nice to not have to think about drinks and basically get what you want.

Schooner Bar deck 6 - This became a regular hangout for us as Matt from Australia is an absolutely brilliant entertainer. He is the Piano player in this lounge and plays nightly between 9:30 and 1 and is a MUST SEE! Now if you do not like good music , singing , dancing and being entertained then go play Bingo. Schooner also offers great elevated views of all parades and parties taking place on deck 5 the Royal promenade. But get there early to secure a seat especially for 70's night . Now for drink selection it offers it all wine , beer , mixed drinks , shots and yes frozen cocktails. Stay tuned for more reviews and please feel free to ask any questions CHEERS !

Matt's back/still on the Allure and performing in Schooner? Enjoying his music was where I ended most nights back in April!

Thanks! I like to have water available whenever I'm drinking so I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've never had an issue getting a bottle of water with a drink while on the drink package. They also allow you 2 bottles of water per person when leaving the ship while in port.

Champagne Bar - located on deck 5 this quickly became our pre dinner drink destination. This is not the place to go if looking for a frozen cocktail as there is no blender. However they offer a very unique selection of Champagne mixed beverages such as a champagne mojito and a champagne margarita. This location also has the absolute best pour in terms of volume of wine in your glass and it is not even close.

Hello! I wonder if the drink package includes any champagne ?

//Nina