Monarch Junior Suites

MomeeToEm

Hi,

I'm thinking of booking a Junior Suite on the Monarch. According to the RC catalog all the Junior Suites are below the Windjammer & the pools. I'm concerned about the amount of noise from both of these places. Has anyone ever had a JS on the Monarch? Where was your room located? Did you have problems with noise? I've read that the pool can be noisy in the morning because the staff is moving deck chairs around & the Windjammer can be noisy because of the metal carts being moved around.

I would love any feedback!

Thanks! :)

I was on the Monarch in 1998 and had a Junior Suite right under the main pool deck. I am a very light sleeper, but I didn't notice noise from chairs being moved around, etc. There was one night, however, that they had a late night pool party and the band was right over my head. That got my attention. They did put a flyer in the room that day saying that there was to be a party and apologizing ahead of time for the noise.

We went last year on the Monarch and stayed in a JS. We were right under the pool and didn't hear a thing. We were in 1069 I think. The very aft of the ship. We went for our 11 year anniversary and had a blast! Everyone was sooo helpful and nice. We had such a good time we are taking our 4 kids in Feb 2006.;)

We were in 1584, which is 3rd from the end, and we noticed a persistent thumping, which may have been from the basketball court. We've been midships and have heard some noise from the pool deck, but not early in the morning, just at random times. But we like being near the aft because it's quieter in the hallways & there's not much traffic on the stairs, so we're trying 1588 on our next cruise.

The worst noise on that deck at night is forward, on starboard side. It sounds like the Karaoke contest every night (at least on the 3 day) is being held on your balcony. It goes until 1am, if I remember correctly. We've had the first forward suites on both sides - never heard a peep at night on the port side.

Just finished up the 3 day. Suite 1556. Only on a rare occassion did we hear noise. Sounded like someone might be running. No issues with noise.

Thanks GeniRich! I've printed out everyone's comments. I should have this down to a fine science by the time our dates are released for booking! ;)

Hope you had a great time!

Archived