Anyone getting price drops?

canadaman111

We booked our first cruise last Feb for Feb 2018. I have yet to see a price drop. The price has stayed mostly the same, it has went up just $20pp. Since it is our first cruise I don't know how common price drops are. Is anyone else seeing anything lately?

Prices go up or down depending on how well a cruise is selling. since your cruise is over a year away I wouldn't expect to see too much of a change either way just yet unless the cruise is selling like hotcakes. The closer you get to the cruise date the better the chance you might see changes. Not always the case but more likely.

As avid price drop watchers, all of our bookings have been increasing steadily. Even the ones we are watching right now for Sep 2018 are increasing rapidly making us want to lock in to the lowest price as quickly as possible but we've been waiting for the last few itinerary releases.

Last yr I got about 4 price drops between January - June for our late June sailing on Glory. Hoping for the same this year but I booked Splendor 2 days ago for late June and the price went up the next day! No telling, just have to keep watching.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always book far in advance because we have set times with work

The last few years we lost out with reductions

But noticed lately the trend is to go up

I have seven cruises booked, just had a check on all of them and we have so far saved £1175 each

That's a free cruise if the trend stays [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked for Jan 2018 and last wknd our price dropped $25pp + they offered a $50 onboard credit. We booked last October, so just over a yr out. Everyone in our group got the price reduction and onboard credit. Before this price drop we havent had one on a cruise in quite awhile.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I'm booked on Vista for end of February and have two small ($20 each) price drops over the last couple of months. There are still at least 15 cabins left in the same category based on what I am seeing when I do a mock booking. Hoping for a couple more of these price drops for this cruise, as the price tag was a little high to begin with.

My cruise in 2014 had 2 large price drops. My cruise in 2015 had a small price drop. Last year's cruise had zero price drops and it was actually almost $300 more by the time we sailed. My upcoming cruise had a small drop from last weekend's sale, around $20.

We are going on the Magic in March during the kids spring break this year. Was happy with the original price I paid of $3023 in a Lido balcony with $50 OBC. Kept checking and got a couple of drops, I believe final price was $2833 with no OBC. Now it's back up and higher than what we paid. Keep checking.

We are going on the Magic in March during the kids spring break this year. Was happy with the original price I paid of $3023 in a Lido balcony with $50 OBC. Kept checking and got a couple of drops, I believe final price was $2833 with no OBC. Now it's back up and higher than what we paid. Keep checking.

To add the price is for 4 of us.

It is all in the category. The best we have ever gotten was around $800 OBC for one of our cruises, but it was an interior room. When we switched to cove balconies the most we would usually get is around $100-$200 OBC. And usually the time (holidays) and boat will be a big influence on prices as well. But any price drop is a good one in my book. Even a $20 one is enough for a couple drinks [emoji484][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nickel1522

We booked our first cruise last Feb for Feb 2018. I have yet to see a price drop. The price has stayed mostly the same, it has went up just $20pp. Since it is our first cruise I don't know how common price drops are. Is anyone else seeing anything lately?

We booked 18 months out (a first for us, longest previously was 12 months). We have not seen one price drop in our category (Spa Balcony) and we sail in less than 100 days. Our previous cruise (also Spa Balcony) we enjoyed $400 in drops - the price for our category for upcoming has risen by close to $400 p/p.

We're blown away and grateful we booked when we did especially since we fly in for the cruise!