Holiday Inn Port of Miami

Ce U At Ce

We stayed there last May. Our room was street side and we were able to see the ships coming in very early morning. What I really enjoyed was the shopping area across the street. It was a nice place to spend some time the night before our cruise. While the shops were nothing to write home about, there was an area that offered a live band. We got a drink and enjoyed it! I would stay there again. We did eat breakfast in the hotel....it was expensive and nothing special----would skip it next time.

I have read on these pages that this property has been sold so depending on timing, may want to keep options open. Intercontinental is just a block or so away and same chain as HI.

I cruised from Miami this past October and got Marriott Marquis for $159/night on the 'last minute travel' site. a Google search will get you to this site. If you keep an eye on that site, they frequently offer free or other good membership deals.

Watch for deals on the various 3rd party travel sites and see if you can get one of the nicer hotels for a good price.

Hi

Can anyone tell me if he Holiday Inn or Intercontinental offer parking for

the duration of your cruise?

We are driving to Miami the day before we sail

Thanks so much

Lou

Neither hotel does. But since the parking fee at the IC is $42/day they may be amenable if you were willing to cough it up.

Nearest hotels to the port that offer park & cruise rates are the Hampton Inn Brickell and the Hilton Downtown (the latter is actually a mile north of the port in the Omni district). If you wish to be among the restaurants and shops near the HI or IC you can ride the free Metromover from either the Hampton or Hilton to Downtown.

Most of the hotels offering cruise parking deals are out near the MIA airport. La Quinta East is a budget option often suggested. The Embassy Suites is also often suggested. Better hotels in a better area near MIA are in the Blue Lagoon area. None includes a shuttle back to your car, so include a $25-30 cab in your budget

http://www.stay123.com and http://www.parksleepfly.com are two sources to check.

I would also look at staying cheap outside of the FLL/MIA area and driving to POM the morning of your cruise - parking at the port is convenient, covered and secure. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed here twice. The most recent time was November 2016. The lobby and pool area are very nice. It is also very convenient to walk across to the bayside marketplace. Both times we paid a little extra for rooms with a view of the cruise ships and that is so neat to see the ships leave the night before your cruise and the new ones pull in early that morning. The view at night was pretty too. The room itself and the elevators were a little beat up. The bathroom was dated and the rug and furniture could use replacing. Nothing that would make you turn around and leave just not as nice as they should be for the price you pay for the rooms. But we want the convenience and view. The ride to the port in the morning is also very quick. The guys who work the valet are nice too. Last time we were there they were doing construction and it was little crazy to get in the parking lot (so I wouldn't plan on driving anywhere just park and walk). We also ate the buffet breakfast last time it was expensive but convenient. Have fun!

Do they offer a shuttle to the Miami port? If not, what are other options?

No they do not. We took a taxi and it was a quick ride. There were many cruisers staying when we did so the taxis were just lined up and ready.