Summit specialty restaurants

niborHS

We are going on the Summit on February 27th, it is a themed charter. Has anyone been to the specialty restaurants, other than Blue, which is for Aqua Class cruisers, which I don't think we are, and can give me a thought on whether they are worth it food-wise? I was on a few Celebrity ships in the last few years, and always find that the specialty restaurants are worth the extra, as they are on other lines.

If anyone has been on a theme charter, do you know if we get priority check in because this is a Celebrity ship? I think this is the first time in forever since I have not had priority check in.

In my opinion the prices have gone up and quality down in Celebrity's specialty restaurants. It is only worth it if you are offered a deep discount, i.e. approximately 50% off (which they sometimes do if bookings are slow) or if you have use-it-or-lose-it OBC you need to burn through. Sometimes you can negotiate deals even if not offered one.

Celebrity sadly got rid of the Normandie and replaced it with the much inferior Tuscan Grillle. If you haven't done Qsine before, I'd recommend that over Tuscan Grille; not the best quality food, but quirky, offers enough variety there is certain to be some dishes you like and can be a fun experience if you have a good server. Sushi on 5 was decent, but can be very expensive if paying full-price and having a full meal. Stick with the rolls rather than the sashimi (the fish is not of sufficient quality to be enjoyed as sashimi, but the rolls are pretty good and of superior quality than what used to be served in the buffet). Don't think I'd dine again at Tuscan Grille again unless it was free.

Edited by Gonzo70

The only specialty restaurants are Tuscan Grill, Qzine, and Sushi on 5.

We found Qzine to be over rated, however it is an interesting experience (small plates) and the more people in your party the more fun it will be. We loved Tuscan Grill and found it well worth the up charge.

We have not tried Sushi on 5 yet. They serve a' la carte.

If you have generally enjoyed specialties on other cruise, you will most likely not be disappointed.

For us Tuscan Grill was really good. The fillet was to die for. As others said, I probably wouldn't pay full price for it, but it is well worth spending some OBC for. We weren't sa impressed with Qsine, but again it was still worth OBC. Just don't start off too fast as some of the better dishes are served at the end when you are stuffed. We did both of these on our cruise in November.

Thanks so much all, that answers my question. We are going on a charter, the Flower Power cruise, so we don't have OBC. However, if they offer a discount once on board, we will think about it. Who knows, I signed up to get Celebrity e-mails, which I can't believe I don't get, because I have been on Celebrity 8 times. At least it looks like I have my Elite status, so hopefully priority check in even though this is not through Celebrity.