msc seaside confusion

ginger123snaps

I was inquiring about booking the seaside royal suite for a family of 5 and not a single agent told me that it was a cabin for 4 only...largest room in the yacht club and only sleeps 4. This was in 2016 when i was inquiring and agents kept telling me to keep a look out for the royal suite....well i finally found one and called and was told that it only sleeps 4. They confirmed this after what i told them.

back in 2016 i had booked msc seaside yacht club deluxe...at the time of booking they told me that only 4 could fit but they could request a cabin occupancy request to 5...they did and it was approved. Today when i called i was told the only option for family of five now is the yacht club deluxe room...but the agent made it sound like there were cabins within this category that could hold 4 and others that could hold 5. What i don't know is if my specific cabin number holds 5. I got an incredible rate and i don't want to risk losing my cabin...but at the same time i don't want to get there and find out...they don't have a cabin for me? I don't know if I should say anything for fear that they might not honor my rate

I'm not trusting the MSC agents...too much convicting information. I hope its not like that when you are sailing their ships

Edited by ginger123snaps

I'm a MSC noob but looking at the deck-plans, some of the Yacht Club Deluxe Suites have a 3rd bed that drops from the ceiling/wall (depends on how they do it...NCL does both depending on the stateroom type)....

Third_bed.png - 3rd bed is a bunk bed

There also seems to be alternating setups with possibly either "bed by balcony" or "bed by bathroom". I'd guess that the "bed by balcony" setups allow the extra bed.

What stateroom number did you get?

I just did a mock booking with 5 and 18022 was available.

I tried again with 4 and 18022 wasn't available.

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

MSC YACHT CLUB DELUXE SUITE

Experience:

MSC Yacht Club Experience

Stateroom Details

Occupancy: 5

Surface: 269.10 Square feet

Balcony Size 86.11 Square feet

It seems that they are holding the ones that hold 5 for those who need 5 (for the time being).

For fun i went online to see the current pricing for our sailing and our cabin was available. My reservation says cabin 18022. So, I went online to their website and tried to manage my booking. Online it tells me I have cabin 18024 which is a handicap cabin.

These are the kind of things that really make me question MSC. Too many little goof ups....and now I'm just wondering if I should cancel all together.

The website is...."glitchy".

18024 is larger than 18022 and has a larger balcony. It might not be a bad thing. They both seem to sleep 5.

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

MSC YACHT CLUB DELUXE SUITE

Experience:

MSC Yacht Club Experience

Stateroom Details

Occupancy: 5

Surface: 355.21 Square feet

Balcony Size 269.10 Square feet

Accessible stateroom

What might be happening is that they are "holding" both staterooms for you. If someone needs a HC room, you will get 18022. If nobody needs HC, you might get 18024.