Carnivore needs opinions from vegetarians

KarenRB

I'll be traveling with my vegetarian niece (eats dairy, hates fish) and would like opinions on whether choosing the SDP as a perk makes sense for her. I've always chosen the UBP for my perk so don't have a lot of experience with the specialty restaurants (but made a serious dent in my liver function at The District Brewhouse). We'll be getting the UBP again but are trying to decide on the second perk.

We haven't narrowed down which ship yet, if that makes a difference. It'll either be the Epic or Escape.

Thoughts?

Karen

Edited by KarenRB

I'm a vegetarian (lacto-ovo) and had the dining perk on the Dawn in Sept. It was very nice for me, we ate dinner every night at specialty places and the only one I was limited at was moderno's but the bread there made up for the lack of real food! So good!

Also I assume you meant to call yourself an omnivore rather than a carnivore. ;)

On the Jewel class Norwegian ships Maybe the same works on the Mega Ships..

The Buffet always has Indian food, although not the best in quality.

Also at the Breakfast Buffet there are eggs and made to order omelets, cold and hot cereals and fruit. I love their own variety of Museli.

At lunch, for the Buffet,there are a great deal of salad options.

At Lunch, and at Dinner, the Buffet has Pizza slices and made to order pasta dishes, where you select the ingredients.

I think there is some Asian food for the Buffet.

There is also a Speciality Restaurant that does Sushi, and Chinese and other Japanese dishes.

I like eating at La Cucina, as there are plenty of Italian vegetarian options.

I never ate at Moderno, or LeBistro as Vegetarian options are quite limited.

At the MDR restaurants, where you are served, there are always Vegetarian Appetizers snd entrees at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

For all waitered Restaurants, it is always important to have clear communications with your server. So many think, Vegetarian meals mean Fish.

Hope that helps.

I never had a problem with my cruising with Norwegian for the past 13 years.

Sorry, never did cruise on the Mega Ships, they are just too big and impersonal.

Edited by Richpontone

I took my niece on the Jewel last year. She is a vegan. She always had plenty to eat. There was a wonderful stacked Portabella dish in le bistro. They just left off the goat cheese for her. If you're going to specialty restaurant the best thing to do is check with them the night before of any dietary concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15