Spice H2O on Escape

new2cruising26

Hi All,

Less than two weeks and we will be cruising! We are hoping to get Vibe passes but trying not to get our hopes up so I wanted to get some more information on Spice H2O and how crowded that gets. Based on reviews of the pool area, we likely won't get a good spot as we are not super early risers on vacation. If we get up to Spice H2O sometime between 9:30-10:30, how will the crowds be? Will we get some decent loungers in the sun? Thanks in advance!

Don’t forget that there are sundecks on 19 & 20 forward. From what I have read, sundeck on 19 is similar to Vibe less someone doing foot massages. Same type whirlpools, mist shower and same bar tenders.

RedRover96

Agree with this completely. Got to know one of the bartenders a little bit there. You can usually find space up there but it is windy. With that said, it felt great in the middle of the afternoon. Spice H20 I think fills a little more just because the reduction in wind.

Just to clarify RR96 referred to foot massages being a difference from Vibe to just outside.

There are NO foot massages in Vibe. Also the Vibe bartenders only went to outside bar for supplies, they didn't switch back and forth between the 2 bars.

Edited by beerman2

Went on the NYE cruise and would usually hit Spice around that time - should be no problem getting a lounger, or even better some of the chill comfy chairs off to the side of the bar. The Grotto is delightful and refreshing up there, AND you will be lucky enough to have Rowena as a server and Sam as a bartender (usually start around 2 or 3 I think through 6/7pm, then back on later in the night for the parties). I can't praise them enough - they absolutely made my trip!

I tried visiting the FWD upper deck near outside of Vibe, and it was just a maze of people to get there plus the hot tub, *gag* people had their children, in diapers and water wings, just hangin out in the hot tub. That is nasty, against the posted rules, and I was really annoyed no staff said anything to them. That's how ya get the poopy virus!

The 18+ rule of Spice H2O til 6pm makes a difference in peace and quiet/general sense of propriety among your fellow cruisers.

• 2 weeks later...
Went on the NYE cruise and would usually hit Spice around that time - should be no problem getting a lounger, or even better some of the chill comfy chairs off to the side of the bar. The Grotto is delightful and refreshing up there, AND you will be lucky enough to have Rowena as a server and Sam as a bartender (usually start around 2 or 3 I think through 6/7pm, then back on later in the night for the parties). I can't praise them enough - they absolutely made my trip!

I tried visiting the FWD upper deck near outside of Vibe, and it was just a maze of people to get there plus the hot tub, *gag* people had their children, in diapers and water wings, just hangin out in the hot tub. That is nasty, against the posted rules, and I was really annoyed no staff said anything to them. That's how ya get the poopy virus!

The 18+ rule of Spice H2O til 6pm makes a difference in peace and quiet/general sense of propriety among your fellow cruisers.

Do they generally enforce the 18+ rule? I've been in areas in the past and it wasn't really monitored.

Do they generally enforce the 18+ rule? I've been in areas in the past and it wasn't really monitored.

It seemed the signage warded off most people who might've been tempted to break the rules. Once there was a presumably European woman who brought her baby over so she could have a smoke! LOL Maybe some 16 year olds snuck in, but for the most part it was adults relaxing, having drinks and very chill.