Club class dining...who agrees

envy4u

The people who can't see that fact have got to be traditional diners who have never waited at the AT dining door for seating.

Just wait till this CC dining kicks in full time on all the ships & see how they complain.

Nope. Been AT since it's inception and waited with a beeper plenty of times. Still going to try CC and see if we like it.

If there are empty tables in the CC section and a number of passengers waiting with beepers to get a table in that dining room, then it is obvious some are not being seated just because of CC waiting for passengers who may or may not come to dinner there.

But I read here constantly that it is traditional diners crashing

the anytime dining room that is the cause of long lines.

How is it 'obvious' that CC diners are the root cause?

To know the root cause,

One would have to know how many CC seats are reserved, but not in use

How many traditional diners have crashed

How many anytime diners are waiting in line.

I certainly hope some posters here spend their entire evening

collecting these statistics for us.

Otherwise, all we are left with is empty pronouncements.

Edited by pablo222

If there are empty tables in the CC section and a number of passengers waiting with beepers to get a table in that dining room, then it is obvious some are not being seated just because of CC waiting for passengers who may or may not come to dinner there.

From what we have been told, CC dining is in the Deck 6 Dining Room that is early TD until 7:30 and not available for AT diners, so there won't be anyone waiting with beepers while CC tables sit empty. After 7:30 I don't think I have ever seen it 100% occupied. I am bothered to read reports of CC diners being encouraged to have tables in both the CC space and the TD Dining Room. That seems an inefficient use of facilities.

From what we have been told, CC dining is in the Deck 6 Dining Room that is early TD until 7:30 and not available for AT diners, so there won't be anyone waiting with beepers while CC tables sit empty. After 7:30 I don't think I have ever seen it 100% occupied. I am bothered to read reports of CC diners being encouraged to have tables in both the CC space and the TD Dining Room. That seems an inefficient use of facilities.

We have the option of selecting "traditional" dinning as well as being able to go to the CC area at anytime. We did NOT select this as we are travelling alone and if we meet persons that are NOT CC and want to get together for dinner, we would do "anytime" or specialty like everyone else for that evening.

Anyway, that option is available and will be used by the CC persons.

Happy Cruising

We have the option of selecting "traditional" dinning as well as being able to go to the CC area at anytime. We did NOT select this as we are travelling alone and if we meet persons that are NOT CC and want to get together for dinner, we would do "anytime" or specialty like everyone else for that evening.

Anyway, that option is available and will be used by the CC persons.

Happy Cruising

According the Club Class FAQs, you do not have the option of switching between traditional and Club Class dining:

Exclusive Club Class Dining is only available for the guests booked within a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite. Guests who wish to dine with friends, family and other cruisers not booked in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite are welcome to do so during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main Dining Room. Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in Traditional Dining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant.

According to this statement, you can switch back and forth between Club Class dining and Anytime Dining during a cruise to dine with friends. However, it says you can request a change from Club Class to Traditional Dining by calling Princess. This does not say that you can go back and forth between Club Class and Traditional.

According to this statement, you can switch back and forth between Club Class dining and Anytime Dining during a cruise to dine with friends. However, it says you can request a change from Club Class to Traditional Dining by calling Princess. This does not say that you can go back and forth between Club Class and Traditional.

This was reported in post #18 of the thread below by OzKruser.

Sorry I might not have been very clear, with your booking you are assigned a table for traditional dining (if that's what you dejected) or you are assigned anytime dining if you selected this option. Going to club class is in addition to your assigned dining option.

In fact in our cruise, we went to our traditional dining table once and then decided to go to club class and never went back. Then we got a call from passenger services asking us if we were going to stick with club class and if we were ok to give up our traditional dining early seating table in the other restaurant as they had a number of requests for this table.

We were happy to let it go as it wouldn't have been fair to retain it if we weren't going.

However if you choose to use both you can go to your assigned dining room and alternate with club class dining room also.

Unquote

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2441201

Edited by Opua Kiwi

According the Club Class FAQs, you do not have the option of switching between traditional and Club Class dining:

Exclusive Club Class Dining is only available for the guests booked within a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite. Guests who wish to dine with friends, family and other cruisers not booked in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite are welcome to do so during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main Dining Room. Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in Traditional Dining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant.

Yes, I was told, that we can switch at our convenience. If we had chosen "traditional", we can at our discretion, at any time, go to Club Class dining.

They will have a table available for us.

We did NOT choose that option.

Happy Cruising