We have committed a serious crime

Spursgirl

I'm sorry you feel like that portofino. Personally, I like to hear people's thoughts on other cruise lines and there are certainly many comparisons between Azamara/Oceania/CelebritySeabourn/Viking etc on many other forums including this one and the Azamara one. I thought that was what Cruise Critic was all about? I am not in marketing for Azamara either....I just enjoy their product, as do the Oceania devotees on here enjoy O's product. I think it's natural to compare and contrast recent cruise experiences and I have to say that in many ways my recent Viking cruise was a lot more enjoyable than my past Oceania cruise. I am not "promoting" Azamara but just saying I like the cruise experience onboard. I also really liked my Viking experience, as did Spursgirl. We had a lovely time. Our opinion and I think we are allowed to express it on the O board, are we not?

We have simply been answering questions on both boards and I try to be helpful when I can. I have opinions and am not shy about voicing them and I don't mind when others express their opinions either, as long as they are polite, as I always try to be. I think some people about to cruise on Viking have found some of my information helpful.

You can rest assured that I will not be commenting on this thread further. It has become negative and destructive and that is not my personality.

I do hope you enjoy all your future cruises, including the Viking and Azamara ones. I will be interested in your reviews.

Interesting. We like both Azamara and Oceania, but after at least 10 cruises on both lines, overall prefer the ambiance onboard Azamara. Some of the food has been better on Oceania, not always though. If you get the chance, do try either Marina or riviera in the future, they are very nice. But yes, I do understand!

We just returned from a 10 day Caribbean on the Riveria. Although there are tons of positives it was way too lay back for us especially the music ex.

(orchestra sailaway), hardly any music at pool or if they had it you couldn't hear it. Is the Azamara line a little more upbeat. What about the age range?

Like I said there are tons of positives. Our friends love the service/food and we are more interested in a fun vibe so we are trying to find a cruise line that would meet both our needs.