What to do in NASSAU, ST. THOMAS, & TORTOLA?

SailLaVie

We absolutely loved the VI Cat, which took us to Turtle Cove for snorkeling at St. Thomas. Afterwards, my daughter and I took a taxi to Morningstar Beach and just relaxed. In Tortola, we did the snorkeling trip of The Caves, which took us to Norman Island afterwards- Norman Island is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. I truly still day dream about it every day. Both excursions (minus the taxi ride to Morningstar beach) were booked through NCL. In Nassau, my daughter and I did Melia- it was gorgeous but the crowd was a bit rough around the edges and the taxi ride was a bit sketchy. I was just in Nassau again the other day with a friend and we got day passes to the British Colonial Hilton, which is in walking distance. I liked that better since we were in full control of when we returned (since that excursion was not through NCL), and there was almost no one there but us. It was definitely not as beautiful as Melia, but more peaceful and less stressful for us. Neither of our Nassau excursions were through NCL.

Thank you for your information. I like the idea of being in control of timing as well, and since the Hilton is in walking distance, that makes me more comfortable. Rough around the edges isn't always great either. Why was the taxi ride sketchy?

Why was the taxi ride sketchy?

It seems that any taxi rides I have had on the Bahamas involve some risky driving, but this man was texting the entire time he was driving, WHILE performing some really death-defying moves. We shared the taxi with three other people that we didn't even know and all of us were shaken up. He also never showed up to pick us up as promised, which was actually a blessing in disguise. The driver we hailed for the way back was much calmer.

It seems that any taxi rides I have had on the Bahamas involve some risky driving, but this man was texting the entire time he was driving, WHILE performing some really death-defying moves. We shared the taxi with three other people that we didn't even know and all of us were shaken up. He also never showed up to pick us up as promised, which was actually a blessing in disguise. The driver we hailed for the way back was much calmer.

Wow! It's hard to believe a taxi driver would do that! I don't blame you for being relieved he didn't come back for you. I think you've definitely convinced me of The Hilton. Thanks! :)