Vista not our favorite

Janespup

I really liked the Vista, however there were bad points as well as good points about the ship. I think that people will either love it or hate it, like Marmite.

The bigger the ships get the more problems there will be, but if you know what you can expect before you go on a particular ship then there should be less disappointment. I always research the ship I am going on thoroughly, looking at photos and reviews, but don`t take too much from other peoples opinions to heart as I find that I usually am more forgiving than a lot of people. I did know about the small theater before going on the ship for example, and I agree it is not the best one at sea, but that still did not put me off going on the ship. So what I am trying to say is that future cruisers on the Vista need to go with an open mind and experience the ship for themselves. :)

We were on the 11 day re positioning cruise on the Vista. I'll admit that it took a few days to form my opinion on the ship. It just seemed so different from any other Carnival ship. Prior to this cruise, the Breeze was our favorite ship. Slowly we decided that the Vista is now our favorite. There are just so many new neat innovations and honestly we were running out of things to get excited about on Carnival ships. Don't get me wrong, we love cruising, but we were starting to feel like been there done that.

There are definitely issues with the theater-no denying that. We are not show people though so it is not a deal breaker for me. I also felt like because there were so many different areas to congregate on the ship, it never felt crowded at all. It seems like some people felt that to be the chopped up feeling. I can understand that, I just didn't interpret it that way. The reduction in cabin storage space is very real. This was our 6th cruise in a cove balcony and we could tell a big difference in space. It was more difficult, but we found a way to make everything fit.

I would just say try the Vista for yourself. What is important to you is not the same as what someone else values. As I said, we liked Dream class ships the most before trying the Vista. Some people don't enjoy that class. I heard for years that the Spirit class was best. We sailed on the Legend and absolutely hated it. I would never consider sailing on this class again no matter the itinerary. Obviously, everyone has different things that float their boats.(pun intended:D)

We were on the 11 day re positioning cruise on the Vista. I'll admit that it took a few days to form my opinion on the ship. It just seemed so different from any other Carnival ship. Prior to this cruise, the Breeze was our favorite ship. Slowly we decided that the Vista is now our favorite. There are just so many new neat innovations and honestly we were running out of things to get excited about on Carnival ships. Don't get me wrong, we love cruising, but we were starting to feel like been there done that.

There are definitely issues with the theater-no denying that. We are not show people though so it is not a deal breaker for me. I also felt like because there were so many different areas to congregate on the ship, it never felt crowded at all. It seems like some people felt that to be the chopped up feeling. I can understand that, I just didn't interpret it that way. The reduction in cabin storage space is very real. This was our 6th cruise in a cove balcony and we could tell a big difference in space. It was more difficult, but we found a way to make everything fit.

I would just say try the Vista for yourself. What is important to you is not the same as what someone else values. As I said, we liked Dream class ships the most before trying the Vista. Some people don't enjoy that class. I heard for years that the Spirit class was best. We sailed on the Legend and absolutely hated it. I would never consider sailing on this class again no matter the itinerary. Obviously, everyone has different things that float their boats.(pun intended:D)

Nice post, thanks for giving everyone your view.

Sent from my iPad using Forums