P&O birthday package???

Or the more classic 'Happy Birsery' song. :D

Lol, that still always cracks the wife and I up every time we hear its pronunciation. Especially so when it is followed by the fire-cracker sounds made with the menus by the waiters. :D

Good stuff.

Cheers r :cool:

I got engaged on my Jewel cruise to Tassie at the end of November (total surprise), we had dinner in Salt Grill and the chef came out to congratulate us with a chocolate cake that was soooo yummy and rich it took us 2 days to eat it lol. Next morning after breakfast we got back to our cabin, there was a "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!" sign on our door with a few blue and white balloons, in our cabin was a bottle of wine with a note from our two room stewards saying "Congratulations on your engagement, we hope your future is full of happiness and love" which was a huge surprise but so so nice of them! :D

How wonderful. Congratulations on your engagement..:D

Lol, that still always cracks the wife and I up every time we hear its pronunciation. Especially so when it is followed by the fire-cracker sounds made with the menus by the waiters. :D

Good stuff.

Cheers r :cool:

Yeah, I love how some grab waiters from a totally different area to conduct the event and song.:D

Thank you both! Was definitely a nice surprise :D Now the uhh 'fun' of planning a wedding on limited funds :rolleyes:

I have a suggestion,

Book a short cruise and get married at sea, you pay for the wedding package and dinner for everyone (specialty restaurant) but guests pay for their own cruise ticket.

Edited by MicCanberra

Thanks everyone. I'm sure he'll love any thing that marks this special occasion, even a little cake and a sign.

On our cruise on Royal last summer my birthday was at the beginning of the trip and my wife's was at the end. We saved them money - the sign on the door and the balloons were left up all cruise!

We did get a piece of cake each though :)

If P&O is like Princess you will get a note delivered to your cabin on or before the day that you give to your waiter at the beginning of your birthday meal. You might want to hide this from your husband.

Hi I've booked a surprise trip on the pacific pearl to bay of islands on 5 day cruise, for my partners birthday we leave on the 3rd of feb and her birthday is on 4th feb, I haven't been notified about them recognising it's going to be her birthday while on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi I've booked a surprise trip on the pacific pearl to bay of islands on 5 day cruise, for my partners birthday we leave on the 3rd of feb and her birthday is on 4th feb, I haven't been notified about them recognising it's going to be her birthday while on board!

I emailed P&O asking a few questions and had mentioned it was for my husband's birthday. I doubt they look at birthdates on bookings. Just email them and I'm sure they will add it to your booking too.

Welcome to Cruise critic.

I have never been notified by email however, they have always done something on board. You can always have a chat with the Maitre' De and make sure your partner's birthday is not forgotten.:D

• 3 months later...

I too received an e-mail from P&O saying they have added a Bitrthday Package to my cruise onboard the Pacific Eden in May. Not sure what's the go , but appreciate the gift whatever it may be , happily

Agnes