Flight-NJ and Anthem-Made a huge mistake

suamom

We just missed a flight due traffic. We were at the airport 55 minutes prior to the flight departing. They would not accept our luggage. It had to be checked 60 minutes prior to take off. We were charged $730.00 AND 25,000 points. (total for the 2 of us) I would just make the change now. You will never make an 8:20 flight.

Aw man I'm sorry :( Why didn't they just let you check the bags and tell you they would go on the next plane and you'd have to wait for them at the airport? That happened to me recently; I thought for some reason it was 45 minutes instead of 60 (or maybe it was 1 1/2 hours instead of 2), anyway the agent told me the baggage probably wouldn't get onto our plane, but it either did get on, or it got on another plane that came in around the same time (we had a connection to make anyway), because our bags were there when we arrived. They didn't make us buy new tickets to match the baggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I agree with the other person to keep the 820 flight and book a one way later flight home. Last year, I messed up my flight plans and this is what the airline agent advised me to do. He said it would be cheaper just to leave the original flight and then book another one way than to change the flight with all the rebooking fees.