Mariner vs Rhapsody

djcruz4fun

For me, there are a few things that are significantly better on the Vision class than on the Voyager class. The seating in the main showroom, is a much better "couch" style than the theater style in the Vision class. As has been said earlier the enclosed Solarium (and snack bar) is a much nicer space than the open air Solarium on the bigger ships. The schooner bar is more interesting (better themed) as well on the smaller ships.

The ice show and the RCTV are the two main things that are a lot better on the Voyager class ships.

If I was looking at two identical cabins on two identical iteneraries for the same price, I would choose a Vision class.

We just got off the Mariner and she was awesome. But like all the others we loved Rhapsody, she is a special ship, and beautiful. The crew are wonderful and the service great. I love all that glass and seeing the sea all around you.

You will enjoy both, but there is no comparison.

djcruz4fun - Great attitude!! I think yall will have a blast on the Rhapsopy!! Sorry I won't be on your sailing, but I'm sure there will be plenty of my fellow Texans onboard to show you some good old Texas hospitality;)! BTW - your right - it was pretty cool looking down at the Disney Wonder:D.

:D I hope to see some of that Texas hospitality tomorrow, I'll be flying in for training at Texas A&M for the week. ( that fun work stuff) :D

Do you think 11 and 14 year olds would find enough to do on the Rhapsody, considering that they are not interested in the kid's club? That is what is holding me back from taking them on a Vision class. I was on the Vision and the Mariner, and loved both. The Mariner is definitely more exciting for kids, though.

:D I hope to see some of that Texas hospitality tomorrow, I'll be flying in for training at Texas A&M for the week. ( that fun work stuff) :D

You will hear this word more than a few times next week - it is the official greeting at TAMU. (My daughters both went there) Be sure to check out the Bush Library:) and the Dixie Chicken;)!

For me' date=' there are a few things that are significantly better on the Vision class than on the Voyager class. The seating in the main showroom, is a much better "couch" style than the theater style in the Vision class.[b'] As has been said earlier the enclosed Solarium (and snack bar) is a much nicer space than the open air Solarium on the bigger ships.[/b] The schooner bar is more interesting (better themed) as well on the smaller ships.

The ice show and the RCTV are the two main things that are a lot better on the Voyager class ships.

If I was looking at two identical cabins on two identical iteneraries for the same price, I would choose a Vision class.

As you mention, you prefer the enclosed Solarium. We much prefer the open air Solarium on the Voyager class ships. The closed ones can get so hot and stuffy, and we're not wild about the decor on the Radiance class ones (too fussy). I can't speak to the Solarium decor on the Rhapsody though.

I don't think I would care for couch type theater seating, but I guess we'd have to try it first. I usually prefer an individual seat.

We thought the decor in the Schooner bars on the ships we've cruised were all fine. It's not something that we pay that much attention to.

So, it is a matter of personal preference. OTOH, we like the smaller ships as much as the larger ones. I feel certain that Rhapsody is a wonderful ship.

beachchick

Do you think 11 and 14 year olds would find enough to do on the Rhapsody, considering that they are not interested in the kid's club? That is what is holding me back from taking them on a Vision class. I was on the Vision and the Mariner, and loved both. The Mariner is definitely more exciting for kids, though.

No, not in my opinion. I have sailed the Mariner and the Rhapsody.

Marie

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say hello to Deb and Bill and Fausto.

Martin and I just sailed the Mariner in October. She is a beautiful ship, but we think it is just too big for us. Seems the elevators were always crowded, and we don't roller blade or play basketball.

We've booked the Rhapsody again for 2007, and will be on another Vision class, the Vision of the Seas in Oct of next year. It seems that size just "fits" us better.

Barb

Archived