Discolored drinking Water on Constellation

grandsix

I agree with everything else you said, but I just have to note that the fact that Evian is naive spelled backwards is purely a coincidence. The town of Evian-les-Bains is where the water is bottled, and has had that name for a very long time. Snopes has a page about it.

Yes, I'm a spoilsport, but I just can't help myself!:)

Lisa

Understood, as we've spent some time on Lake Leman (by way of Como in Italy) but it always seemed like some sort of cosmic coincidence in its appropriateness.

Were you by any chance cruising in the Pacific in and around he Yellow Sea?

Would water from the Coral Sea be pinkish?

andhow about the Black Sea. Now there's an issue. Maybe explains your gray water.

Or may be they have started squeezing a bit of lemon in the water to make it more palatables to discriminating tastes. Or somebody dumped a batch of tea leaves in the tank.

Choose your favorite explanation.

love

joan

It's old hat now, but I felt I must have been one of the first to note that Evian was naive spelled backwards.

It might be old hat but it's the first time I've read it! Good one.

I wasn't meaning to infer that you were defending X's lack of response so much as I was trying to say that what you were saying might be right, and might have been reassuring to the OP, had anyone at X bothered to address what I'm sure they perceived as a health concern.

Thanks for your patience.

One other possibility is that when water was added at port the tanks were "stirred up" with undissolved chemicals. This happened the first day of our cruise. My wife has some blonde highlights. They turned green. Not a happy camper. :) Celebrity did treat her to a free trip to the hair salon. They used ketchup! Wierd. :)

While I am sure that Canderson can answer on his/her own but I see nowhere in his/her posts that it was suggested Celebrity should not have responed to the OP's concerns as neither did I. I specifically said that Celebrity should have responded. However, that does not change the fact that discolored water(water with a tint) is no indication that it is unsafe. As stated by others the serious contamination in water would NOT affect its' color and the most crystal clear water could be very dangerous..

exactly!

Archived