Vanished.....but RCI did nothing!?!

kevinsac

RCCL should have noticed on the last day that nothing has changed for a couple days not to mention that everyone has checked out and someone left all thier stuff in the cabin. I also think that all cruise lines (not just RCCL owned ships) should scan your card as you leave the ship as well. Then compare that number when it is time to sail again. This will keep track who left the ship and who came back as well as the times. Also helps keep track of missing groups and a ship can delay leaving that port if lets say....150 people are not accounted for. RCCL failed to find out what happened to this girl and never took a look at the video tapes. BAD RCCL!!!! I sure hope that cruise lines take a better took at thier security practices and improve on this.

Uh, yes we already do scan our seapass cards. On Vision we kachinged that card upon embarkation :D , kachinged that card when we got off at the ports :) , and kachinged again when we boarded. We also had to kaching that card when we disembarked in Seward :mad: .

I think to get the full story, one would have to wait and read transpcripts from the civil suit. Newpaper articles are so often slanted to tell a story from one particular viewpoint. I remember seeing a story on "60 Minutes" about a subject area I actually had a lot of knowledge about and it was so obviously not including a lot of information about the side it was painting as the "bad side". That's when I figured out (I was still fairly young), that just because you read it/see it somewhere, you may not be getting the full story about any issue. I'm just saying that you can't read just one article and get a complete accounting of ANYTHING! I'm neither siding with or against Royal Caribbean because I would need to learn a lot more about this issue before coming to any conclusions.

Archived