HELP! Pros and Cons of Booking "Early Saver"????

Galleon1234

Technically your entire deposit is nonrefundable, but it doesn't have to be totally lost. You won't get the cash refunded back to you, but if you cruise on Carnival again the remaining deposit can be used to pay for that later cruise.

I don't know why this so hard for people to admit or why people keep wanting to dance around it. With ES your deposit belongs to Carnival forever. Simple as that. :)

With Past Guest, Fun Select, and some other fares it does not.

Fact.

• 1 year later...

When you book through a TA , VTG , how do you tell what rate you booked at ? I looked at the prices before I contacted my TA but can't remember if it was ES or not. I can't seem to find it in my Carnival cruise manager or on my confirmation from VTG. Yes I know I can call my TA but have read some old threads saying it should be on my paperwork.

Also what is PG ?

TIA

When you book through a TA , VTG , how do you tell what rate you booked at ? I looked at the prices before I contacted my TA but can't remember if it was ES or not. I can't seem to find it in my Carnival cruise manager or on my confirmation from VTG. Yes I know I can call my TA but have read some old threads saying it should be on my paperwork.

Also what is PG ?

TIA

According to TAs I used (3 different companies), they all said that TAs book with rate codes that are different than what passengers book directly. Thus, you need to ask the TA what the fare rules are; there is no other way to determine this. This includes rules regarding price drops, cancellations, changes, and everything else.

What I do know is that all TA fare rules allow them to price match what the passengers can get at carnival.com at the time of original booking.

In terms of price drops, two of the TAs I used had codes that allowed price drops until the date of final payment. One did not allow price drops at all (I knew this at booking, but used them anyway, as my incentive to use them was $300, and I bet I wouldn't have gotten a $300 price drop. I was right, biggest price drop would have been $20).

I buy travel insurance as soon as I book. I fully understand any changes will cause complications and cost money..

We booked Early Saver and always buy the insurance. We had to cancel 4 days before out sailing for medical reasons. The insurance covered everything except the cost of the insurance itself. No penalties