Breakaway 13 Day Southern Caribbean Review with lots of pictures (plus Haven) again

ncklhaus

So glad it was just a UTI and not appendicitis. Hope she continues to be better. I would have panicked if it happened to a family member.

Thanks so much. I was so worried that it was appendicitis. When my husband was her age, his ruptured and he almost died. I was THIS CLOSE to panicking. As you'll see when I continue the review, she was fine within a few hours. Kids, they're trying to kill us. :D

Great review, glad everything is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much. Me too!

Enjoying your review. Glad your daughter was okay. That's a large medical bill to have to pay for. Hopefully you will get it all back and not have to wait too long for that.

I'm glad you are enjoying the review. Ill try and post more tonight.

Melissa was back to herself within a few hours.

Yes, it was a bit of a shock to see the bill. I'm glad we had the insurance, but we paid almost as much as the bill for the insurance. If she had been removed from the ship or God forbid med-evaced, it would have been so much more. That's why we ALWAYS get the insurance. You just never know. I'm filing the insurance claim with her regular medical insurance tomorrow. They will deny it and then I can put in my claim to the travel insurance.

Mine ruptured at 13 and went from fine to wanting to die in hours. Was a bad time but much better right after surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The appendix is no joke. Glad you were ok.

Our friend that was on the cruise with us just came home from the hospital today after having an emergency appendectomy last week. Unbelievable coincidence.

So now it's around 6:30 and Melissa is feeling SO much better. She wants to go eat. And then she wants to go to Splash Academy. It was Super Heroes vs Villains night.

This kid just can't be stopped. LOL

Edited by ncklhaus

Dinner in the Haven Restaurant

Double Shrimp Cocktail

20170106_185035_zps2yn6ogod.jpg

Pork Belly Appetizer

20170106_185106_zpsgichelia.jpg

Regular Shrimp Cocktail

20170106_185117_zpsbj554m57.jpg

Beef tartare with Quail Egg (Ordered chopped onions on the side)

20170106_185146_zpsw02ezdqh.jpg

I don't remember what this one is. I need to find my pictures of the menu to figure it out. In the meantime, I will call it "something with asparagus"

20170106_185150_zpsqzmdkhix.jpg

Lobster Bisque - it was so delicious, my mouth us watering looking at the picture

Or maybe it was the Bouillabaisse. Either way, my mouth is watering.

20170106_190249_zpsgfnjg4xc.jpg

Tuna Poke

20170106_190330_zpsw9zkgexx.jpg

Beet salad with arugula and goat cheese crustini, not my favorite, but it looked pretty

20170106_191009_zps0acz5n5e.jpg

20170106_191020_zpsogdkmvdy.jpg

Grilled Shrimp Skewers - I remembered to take the picture before it was eaten

20170106_191947_zps0dmhumni.jpg

Mushroom Ravioli (a new favorite)

20170106_191955_zpshiakanbe.jpg

Filet mignon with a double order of truffle mashed potatoes

20170106_192117_zpsgt98jg8h.jpg

Look at how perfectly cooked the Filet was. I asked for Medium Rare and that's what I received.

20170106_192355_zpsk9r2obi1.jpg

Fun with the lemons

20170106_193340_zps6tb0j6wn.jpg

20170106_193349_zpsqzj90h6u.jpg

Some kind of pear crumble desert

20170106_200400_zps63rea9ml.jpg

Chocolate mousse

20170106_200428_zps1tjjkk8x.jpg

Just plain chocolate ice cream

20170106_200440_zpsb6tmm4uo.jpg

I was going to continue writing the review tonight but I'm not really feeling it. I took my dad to the oncologist today and the news wasn't good. I just need a little time to process. :(

I am so sorry about your dad. I lost a brother to Malignant Melanoma. Cancer sucks!

I am so sorry to hear of your Fathers diagnosis. Many prayers for him! You have such a knack for writing reviews, I just love yours. I've enjoyed your trip so far! We forgot our clothes one vacation, I left them laying on their hangers on top of the dogs kennel. I remembered when we got to Savannah, GA :eek: I would have gotten a laugh from the no underwear too...well not if they were mine :D haha! You are a trooper to get off at those ports and look for them.

Thank you, JoAnn,for honestly sharing your feelings regarding posting your review. Some people on CC begin a review and then seem to disappear,never finishing what they started. Readers are left wondering what happened that caused the writer to stop posting. One can only wish the writer well.

Perhaps, you will continue writing your review as a diversion . Whatever you decide, I am certain that your readers will have empathy for you. We enjoy reading your writing that is humorous and honest. Your accompanying photos are excellent !

I am hoping that the doctors will be able to help your Dad in some way.

He is fortunate to have a loving daughter and cute granddaughter to help him on this journey.

Thanks for all of the comments of support. Have no fear I fully intend to continue my review. I'm uploading more pictures now. :)

My dad was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma in his hip which has already spread to his lungs and liver. We thought that the primary cancer was in his lungs but the bone biopsy shows cancer cells that have all the markers of a Gastrointestinal kind. Over the past 12 years he has had numerous colonoscopies and gastroscopies. All were clear. So it's got to be somewhere in his intestines. They are going to treat him like he has colon cancer. Three types of chemo plus radiation. His prognosis is not good. Pretty much a 5% chance he is alive in 2-5 years, and many people succumb faster.

But I say someone has to be in that 5%, so why not him? He's strong. And I'm his daughter. I've kicked cancers ass twice. Now it's his turn.

My review will continue shortly.....

We woke up this morning in Tortola. Last cruise we didn't do an excursion there and this year would be no different. We were thinking about doing a beach excursion but we decided not to. We would just hang out on the ship and then go walk around in the port area shops and see if by any chance I could find some underwear.

Tortola was beautiful

20170107_095212_zps56bfaqht.jpg

20170107_095215_zps4bp6rf8p.jpg

20170107_095220_zpsu49rdnov.jpg

This morning is also when they do the safety drill. It's really cool to see how everything would work if there was an actual emergency.

This picture shows what was right outside our door. You can see the green emergency lights are on.

20170107_102501_zpsyeawyfxp.jpg

In case of a fire or other emergency there are air tight doors that are remotely closed. One of these doors was right between our room and our friends room. I took this next picture as the door was closing.

20170107_102910_zpsu0sbngoo.jpg

The view forward from the sealed door.

20170107_102916_zpsys6bjymb.jpg