A Princess Cruiser takes a Disney Cruise

Steelers0854

Ours is only three times the price of Princess or Celebrity. :eek:.

That said - because of the price this will most likely be a once and done cruise. :o

The reason why there's such a disparity in pricing for us is because our last Princess cruise was during a low season fall week while our upcoming Disney cruise will be over the busy Thanksgiving week. But unless we take the kids out of school for a week, we have little choice but to sail when the prices are high. Still, Thanksgiving week will be $2,000 cheaper than sailing on the same ship over Spring Break or Summer vacation.

It's mind boggling that Disney can charge what they charge on peak sailings. The prices are not what I would consider affordable on an "average family" income. I've spoken to two friends and they've only sailed on Disney. When I've asked them if they've ever considered another cruise line for the sake of saving some money, they've said that they've never even looked because there's no way that they would cruise on anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The reason why there's such a disparity in pricing for us is because our last Princess cruise was during a low season fall week while our upcoming Disney cruise will be over the busy Thanksgiving week. But unless we take the kids out of school for a week, we have little choice but to sail when the prices are high. Still, Thanksgiving week will be $2,000 cheaper than sailing on the same ship over Spring Break or Summer vacation.

It's mind boggling that Disney can charge what they charge on peak sailings. The prices are not what I would consider affordable on an "average family" income. I've spoken to two friends and they've only sailed on Disney. When I've asked them if they've ever considered another cruise line for the sake of saving some money, they've said that they've never even looked because there's no way that they would cruise on anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm actually comparing the cost of the New Year's 14 day cruise we JUST took on Princess to the cost of the 7 day cruise we have planned for next New Year.

The discrepancy is compounded by the fact that we were 2 people on this years cruise and will be 13 next year so that extra cost in our case gets multiplied.

Edited by chamima