Viking Star: March 5, 2017; Venice Walking Tour - Day 12

cruzgrl1

On day 12, Venice, the excursion Hidden Venice on Foot is sold out. It is a walking tour of Venice for 3.5 hours. Viking has not indicated they will add another tour.

After doing some research, I discovered Venice offers its own walking tour given by greeters of a non-profit organization. This tour has received excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and is FREE!

If there is any interest, I can secure a reservation for 6-8 people for the afternoon tour at 3:00pm.

Currently, reservations are being accepted through Feb 17, but I will continue to watch for the March 16 date availability.

Unfortunately, no one has started a roll call for your date.

If you want to be first and start the roll call...go to the main page "Cruise Critic Message Board Forums" and scroll down to "Roll Calls" and under that heading you'll see "Find Your Roll Call". When you click on it, you'll be taken to a page to choose "cruise line", "ship" and "date". Under those buttons is "If you can't find your roll call, click here".

After you click...scroll down to Viking Star and click again. You are now in the Star's roll calls, but you don't have one. :(

At the top right is a button for "forum tools", click. Choose "post a new thread".

In the title box, be sure to include the DATE and name of the sailing.

In the message box, just put the information you want to share, i.e. looking for someone to go on these great FREE walking tours.

You're done...whew!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

She said it was day 12 on Viking Star. I went to the roll calls and couldn't figure out one that matched. The Feb 25 seemed close but I wasn't sure. I got confused so I just posted the general thing. Thanks so much for posting the details. I hope it works out and she finds like minded folks!

Edited by stretchcruz

On day 12, Venice, the excursion Hidden Venice on Foot is sold out. It is a walking tour of Venice for 3.5 hours. Viking has not indicated they will add another tour.

After doing some research, I discovered Venice offers its own walking tour given by greeters of a non-profit organization. This tour has received excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and is FREE!

If there is any interest, I can secure a reservation for 6-8 people for the afternoon tour at 3:00pm.

Currently, reservations are being accepted through Feb 17, but I will continue to watch for the March 16 date availability.

Are you on the Viking Star or the Sea. The Viking Sea starts the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise on March 5th and is in Venice on the 16th. The Star starts the Mediterranean Odyssey on March 11th and is not in Venice till the 22nd?