Drink requests!

SarahD112

As ciders go angry orchard is very sweet.Bulmers cider (It is called Magners when it is sold outside of Ireland 🇮🇪) is by far the nicest cider around.They had it on the Indy last year and hopefully on navigator this year.

I am also a fan of very sweet drinks, and am trying to keep the calories to a minimum, so I will order a drink with a flavored rum or vodka and have them mix it with water, then I squeeze a few drops of Mio, crystal light (or any other brand) water flavoring in with it and stir. I just carry a few small bottles in my bag. "Tropical" (pineapple and mango) is my favorite with Cocnut rum. You could do vodka and water and add a cranberry flavoring. Not quite as good as with juice, but a lot less calories. The combinations are endless!

not a girly drink, but my favorite on recent cruises was a cucumber, jalapeno margarita. Nice blend of cool and spicey... These had patron but that's not what made it. Cucumbers and jalapenos were shaken or lightly mulled. Lots of people asked what it was and many ordered it. I usually got it at the R Bar, but also got one at Sabor.

I fell in love with the Leto in the pub on on my last cruise. It is a beer-tini/cocktail.

"Muddled strawberries and basil leases strained into fresh lime juice and topped with Pilsner Urquell, then garnished with an Aleppo-lime salt rim".

Its a nice compromise between beer and a girly drink :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=399388&d=1480576215

I was on Oasis last summer and was trying to reduce the amount of calories and sugar I was consuming. I do enjoy mixed drinks and at my home I use flavored (but unsweetened) sparkling water, like LaCroix, as my mixer. On the ship, I had them make me these drinks- Tanqueray, sparkling water, lime, splash of cranberry. Tasty and reduced calorie compared to a drink with tonic or lots of cranberry juice. Also had vodka, lemon, sparkling water with a little bit of St Germain; vodka, sparkling water with a splash of pomegranate liquor. You get the idea. You've got a lot of possible combinations if you have a drink package. I did tip them for the trouble since it's a bit more time-consuming for them.

My staple cruise drink is a Grey Goose L'Orange with Soda water and a slice of orange. Cold, refreshing and the citrus adds a clean flavor. Sometimes I'll have them add a splash of sprite. My wife drinks Stoli Rasberry and Sold Water with a slice of lime.

Strong bow is a horrible cider and Angry Orchard is the same. We have some fantastic ciders in the U.K. Just need to get them on the international market.

For me a low calorie drink is vodka (perhaps flavoured), soda and lime or my personal choice a slice of red grapefruit.

Okay. Don't shoot me for being direct. You're on a cruise. You really want the Bahamas Mama or whatever. Forget the calorie content. This is only what, five, seven, ten days? Enjoy what you want. And then take the stairs!

DW and I eat and drink what we want. No, we have no idea of the calorie count. But whenever possible, we take the stairs. We come home from 10 and 11 Night cruises 2 - 5 pounds lighter. Just our experience. YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay. Don't shoot me for being direct. You're on a cruise. You really want the Bahamas Mama or whatever. Forget the calorie content. This is only what, five, seven, ten days? Enjoy what you want. And then take the stairs!

DW and I eat and drink what we want. No, we have no idea of the calorie count. But whenever possible, we take the stairs. We come home from 10 and 11 Night cruises 2 - 5 pounds lighter. Just our experience. YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EXACTLY!!!;p