Liberty returns to port early

fdthird

This can happen to any cruise, but because this cruise leaves from Texas you have very severe limits on what you can drink while in a Texas port, stupid law by some stupid Texans law makers, even though I live here would love to see cruise ships boycott Texas ports and return to New Orleans, my next cruise is from here but might just fly a little futher from now on

Edited by George C

I'm also leaving February 5 and now I'm getting a little concerned about weather as well. I leave out of Denver CO, so need to worry about driving to Denver, getting stuck in snow, ice on the airplane, and then I get to Houston and will worry about fog. As long as I can get onboard the ship I'll be happy. If we don't sail till later that's OK. But I'm tired of snow, it's snowing now. Everyday it's snowing here in Vail. I want some nice sunny weather! Does it sound like I have cabin fever? Yes! I'm bringing along my own wine so won't have to worry about running out of Texas alcohol if we're stuck in the port. Only have to worry about my MIL drinking all my wine.

Karen

The cruise that departed on January 2 was delayed by a day. Boarding still took place on the 2nd but it happened much later because the ship could not dock in the morning as expected due to fog. This also prevented the ship from leaving until the 3rd. As far as I know, none of those passengers were compensated.

UM, no. I was on that January 2 sailing and we were not delayed by a day - we left right on time. I believe it was the cruise just before ours that was delayed by a day. We also returned right on time too.

However - as the veteran of five cruises out of Galveston, all in January, three of which were affected at one end or the other by fog - it is very likely that time of year. My biggest advice would be NOT to book a flight home from your cruise the same day the ship returns. Stay an extra day and enjoy Galveston.

UM, no. I was on that January 2 sailing and we were not delayed by a day - we left right on time. I believe it was the cruise just before ours that was delayed by a day. We also returned right on time too.

My mistake. I knew it was one of the cruises that was set to leave on Monday instead of Sunday due to the holiday. It would appear that I confused which sailing it was. Once again, my apologies.

My mistake. I knew it was one of the cruises that was set to leave on Monday instead of Sunday due to the holiday. It would appear that I confused which sailing it was. Once again, my apologies.

No big deal - easy to get this mixed up, if you weren't actually on a cruise affected by it! I'm just glad we were not this time around. :)