Booking flights

golfer21

We have always used the flights that Regent has booked for us, for our next cruise Venice to Rome Oct. 2017 we have decided to do it all ourselves. My question is how early should we book flights, also any suggestions getting from Citiiveccia to the airport. Thanks.

Pat

Greetings, golfer21 from South Beach. It's about 38 miles from Citliveccia to the airport. Your travel choices depend on how much time you have. Our preference is usually a prearranged car. We have never missed a flight. Have a great cruise.

Mary

We have always used the flights that Regent has booked for us, for our next cruise Venice to Rome Oct. 2017 we have decided to do it all ourselves. My question is how early should we book flights, also any suggestions getting from Citiiveccia to the airport. Thanks.

Pat

We use a service that is connected to the hotel we book in Civitavecchia (cost 110E). The hotel is only 3 star but the people running it are the best and it is within a mile of the port (cost of the hotel is quite low).

If you book flights on your own, keep in mind the cancellation costs. We have been "bitten" by this in the past which is why we use Regent air. There is no reason why you cannot book flights now (or deviate Regent flights). IMO, deviating (which basically allows you to select your own flights, is the best way to go).

Thank you all, sounds like a car service will be the best idea for us. Travelcat you are correct that deviation is the safest bet but doing our own flights eliminates the deviation fee which just adds more to the cost for us being Canadian. I have found flights I like and thought we might fly business class to Venice and fly home premium economy. Just how soon I should book is my next step.

Pat