Info on Crane Beach please

eyern1

We stopped by the resort and walked down to the beach there about 10 years ago. I remember how beautiful it was and was thinking about revisiting this cruise, but am seeing virtually no information about Crane Beach, other than a seaweed problem 2 years ago. Is it still a problem there? Can you access the beach without going through the resort (seemed like you couldn't before). I have emailed them about a day pass or access and am waiting to hear back. As far as I can tell, the taxi fare from the non-union guys would be about $20 US. Does that sound right?

I just spent a long weekend on Barbados and went to Crane for 3 straight days. Here's what i can tell you:

> No seaweed problem.

> You can access the beach down a narrow alley without going through the hotel.

> You can rent a chair and umbrella for $30BBS / $15US.

> The resort now has a bar and grill on the beach. Decent fare, nothing special, not insanely priced. They take cash.

> The only downside is there are a number of slightly aggressive, overly friendly vendors trying to sell crappy drinks in coconuts. They are overpriced and awful. But its no reason to not go.

• 1 year later...

I was at the Crane on Sunday for brunch (28th) The beach was absolutely covered in seaweed almost up to where the sunbeds were. A few people were walking through it to the sea, but no-one was in the water. You could see the seaweed floating on top of the water.

I understand the hotel has machinery to clear the beach, but no sign of it happening.

:)

Cab ride is $20 round trip per person. Free excess to the beach is a little tricky, because you have to jump on top of the rocks like Mario from a computer game. Crane beach is on Atlantic side of the island and waves can be huge.