Buying wine pre cruise

kissmeyoufool

I went online and booked the 3 night specialty dinning package ,water and a cheese tray .

I saw I can order bottles of wine so the question I pay the price for the wine get it delivered to our cabin on the first day to have a drink with our friends during sail away or before supper do I also pay a corkage fee on top of the price for the wine

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't preorder the wine, especially if you may want a few bottles.

As far as I can see, the prices online seem to be very similar to the onboard prices.

If you want 4 or more bottles then by waiting until you are onboard you can look at the Viva Vino package which gets you a significant discount on the per bottle price.

The selection is slightly limited compared to what you can buy per bottle, but it's worth looking at.

Edited by KeithJenner

I went online and booked the 3 night specialty dinning package ,water and a cheese tray .

I saw I can order bottles of wine so the question I pay the price for the wine get it delivered to our cabin on the first day to have a drink with our friends during sail away or before supper do I also pay a corkage fee on top of the price for the wine

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

If you just want to have a bottle for sailaway - it may be easier to just order one ahead of time so you have it in your room.

No corkage fee on ANY wine you order through NCL.

I seem to remember that any alcohol package you buy (duty free?) on board will not be available you until shortly before you leave the ship. Wrong?
Right, but only for alcohol purchased from the duty-free shop on board. The Viva Vino package is sold through the ship's food & beverage department, for onboard consumption, and the prices are marked up accordingly.
I think I will order a bottle of wine for sail away to go with the cheese tray I ordered

You can buy a wine package as soon as you board, and redeem one of the bottles right away. I would do that, not only for the savings, as KeithJenner explained, but also to be sure to have it for sailaway. Stateroom orders are sometimes delayed for whatever reason and people have complained about stuff not being delivered in time for sailaway, but only showing up later that evening. (Or not showing up at all, which also happens very occasionally.)