2016 Northern Isles cruise - movie

Laurino

Hi everbody,

It's a bit late but nevertheless... We went on the Northern Isles cruise on July 16 2016 onboard Zuiderdam - roundtrip from Copenhagen to Norway, Iceland, the Faroe Islands and the Shetland Islands. The cruise was great but the weather wasn't very good. Anyway I have uploaded

and
on YouTube - if anyone is interested :)

/Henrik

Hi everbody,

It's a bit late but nevertheless... We went on the Northern Isles cruise on July 16 2016 onboard Zuiderdam - roundtrip from Copenhagen to Norway, Iceland, the Faroe Islands and the Shetland Islands. The cruise was great but the weather wasn't very good.

/Henrik

Thank you for posting the videos. Too bad about the gray skies, but your ship tour video was very well-done.

Wow... Great professional looking videos. The drone footage is amazing and is a great way to document the northern landscapes.

But what the heck is the monstrous fish that can be seen at 29:22 ?

That's very attentive of you to notice that! We didn't notice anything from the beach when filming, only saw it afterward in the footage. I think it's a seal or something similar. I wish we could have used the drone more, but we had several rainy or moist days and threatening skies a lot of the time.

Thanks everybody for the comments :)

Hi everbody,

It's a bit late but nevertheless... We went on the Northern Isles cruise on July 16 2016 onboard Zuiderdam - roundtrip from Copenhagen to Norway, Iceland, the Faroe Islands and the Shetland Islands. The cruise was great but the weather wasn't very good. Anyway I have uploaded

and
on YouTube - if anyone is interested :)

/Henrik

For posting this! We were on the cruise also. But, although we were supposed to arrive in CPH 28 hours before the cruise left - we arrived 2.5 hours after - due to storms in the NYC area. So, we boarded in Bergen. You're right, the weather wasn't the greatest - but it was a fabulous cruise!

Thanks again,

Pat

For posting this! We were on the cruise also. But, although we were supposed to arrive in CPH 28 hours before the cruise left - we arrived 2.5 hours after - due to storms in the NYC area. So, we boarded in Bergen. You're right, the weather wasn't the greatest - but it was a fabulous cruise!

Thanks again,

Pat

Ouch, that sounds nerve-racking! Well you didn't miss anything important in the beginning at least. Did you have time to see Cph after the cruise? What did you like most of the ports/ cruise? We thought the Faroe and Shetland Islands overall were the best/ most pretty ports, but we also liked Blue Lagoon and the waterfalls and geysers of Iceland.

/Henrik

Ouch, that sounds nerve-racking! Well you didn't miss anything important in the beginning at least. Did you have time to see Cph after the cruise? What did you like most of the ports/ cruise? We thought the Faroe and Shetland Islands overall were the best/ most pretty ports, but we also liked Blue Lagoon and the waterfalls and geysers of Iceland.

/Henrik

We LOVED Blue lagoon. We enjoyed the Shetland and Faroe islands. Okay, we loved ALL of the ports. We had the whole day in Bergen the day before the ship arrived and loved it. We also enjoyed walking around Alesund. In Isafjordur we did the Vigur Island tour and wow! It was fantastic!

My husband really wants to go back to Norway.

It was nerve-wracking getting to the ship - but Holland America takes SUCH good care of us. Plus we got re-imbursed for expenses from our travel insurance.

It was such a GREAT cruise - I would take it again.