Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort

Daniel1313

Thanks..

I think we are leaning on going to the Holland house. No pool, but for $20 bucks we get a bucket of beer and beach chairs....

I have enjoyed the two of you going back and forth....

I like the restaurant at the Holland House. It's called the Ocean Lounge. Has free wifi for guests. Enjoy:)

We tried to look through resort for a day site and they were completely booked for the day we'll be at Great Bay. We did rent 2 chairs, an umbrella, and 2-3 drinks for $35 pp through shore excursion group online. Great Bay Beach is my favorite. Beautiful water, nice sand, and shopping right behind me! What could be better?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I'm asking you to clarify. You said that the contamination was long ago. That to me makes people think that things have changed.

I have not heard or read that. Have you?

Sorry, but again, I did not say that - please read my post. I told Daniel to be aware that tests performed years ago showed contamination there and elsewhere. We are not regulars in this forum as we travel to other destinations so I don't keep up on SXM news, not sure if a more recent report has been published, as of last Oct there was nothing I could find. Just giving Daniel feedback on our experience at Sonesta as painful as that became!

There are other spots to rent chairs, etc, but no pools unfortunately. Willcruiseanythyme made it work for them.

Sorry, but again, I did not say that - please read my post. I told Daniel to be aware that tests performed years ago showed contamination there and elsewhere. We are not regulars in this forum as we travel to other destinations so I don't keep up on SXM news, not sure if a more recent report has been published, as of last Oct there was nothing I could find. Just giving Daniel feedback on our experience at Sonesta as painful as that became!

There are other spots to rent chairs, etc, but no pools unfortunately. Willcruiseanythyme made it work for them.

The latest report is basically the thinking that dumping the polluted water out farther in the bay is the plan. ...I didn't say it was a good plan :)

It's a lovely beach for sure but more testing and posting of results at site and online is necessary for people to make informed decisions as to when it's safe for swimming. For many of the island residents Great Bay is their closest beach to swim at, it would be nice to see that happen again.

• 5 weeks later...