Galveston gone up in price?

momof4girls

Galveston is my home port. I price Galveston, NOLA and now Mobile when searching for a cruise that I consider local or I can drive to fairly easy. Prices are all over the board.

Last minute under 45 days you can USUALLY find a great deal at all three ports but especially NOLA and Mobile.

Thanksgiving 2016 I found a heck of a deal on a 4 nighter out of Mobil.

We're cruising Memorial day weekend. This time We selected Galveston. It's a little more for the 4 nighter but once we add in additional driving time, gas, food and hotel we decided to stick with Galveston. It's almost a wash.

My breaking point is If I can save $300 then I'll drive further to Mobil or NOLA. Otherwise I cruise out of Galveston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Edited by cynt

Galveston cruises seem to always be a bit higher than Florida, but it's cheaper for me to drive 5 hours to Galveston than to fly to Florida. We've only cruised once in January and no fog that time. Probably won't make a habit of January/February cruises anyway, as I find the water to be too cold for me. Yes, I'm a weenie when it comes to water temps.

Yeah. Dallas Houston San Santonio Austin. We live in Oklahoma and Oklahoma city is an 8 hour drive to Galveston. We thought about Florida once and when you add air its cheaper to go Galveston 6th cruise coming up and have had no complaints.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

We often take the 5 night cruises out of Galveston because we could get a balcony for 2 for about $1000. We were just looking at prices and they are up about $100 per person over what we have paid for the 5 night cruises in 2015 and 2016. I started looking at 7 night options, and except for the Vista sailings the 7 night prices are about what we paid for a balcony on our cruises in 2015, 2016, and the cruise we took last week.

I guess there is much more demand for the shorter cruises so they price accordingly.